Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This is just strange...but I will ask the question anyway. Tablet restarting

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is just strange...but I will ask the question anyway. Tablet restarting

This is just very strange and I have no idea how my issue could be related to this website but I will put it out there and maybe somebody smarter than I might know something.

Half of the time I use my old Samsung Galaxy Tab3 tablet to access/read this form. It's basically my "magazine rack" for my throne room -I know, TMI. However, I will access this website as well as www.purpleboard.net and read the forums. I've been having a rather annoying issue where the tablet will just reboot for no reason right in the middle of surfing the web. While I originally thought this was just a random thing, I think (90% sure anyway) I've narrowed it down as to when it's happening. It seems to happen while I'm on this website????

I also use the tablet while flying and run Avare on it but the rebooting doesn't ever seem to happen then. I will sometimes use the tablet to simply access the web to do Google searches and/or other stuff on the web and the rebooting doesn't seem to happen there. In fact, I can't think of a time I was doing anything else on the tablet and the reboot happened.

I've tried accessing this forum via both the standard web browser as well as the one built into my password manager program but the reboot still happened on both. I went to the www.purpleboard.net forum and was there for a while and never had a reboot. Yet when I went to this site while using my tablet, after about 10 minutes, the reboot happened. I do know that the purpleboard is running vBulletin version 3.7.1 and this is running version 4.2.4 Yet I have no idea how this could cause an issue or what it could be that's triggering my tablet to reboot. I even did a 'factory reset' on the tablet back in January thinking that (clearing loaded software) would solve the issue but no luck. I think this issue started happening a few months earlier than that but I don't exactly remember.

I know it's an older tablet that's running KitKat OS 4.4.2 and maybe that doesn't mesh well with a newer version of vBulletin? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else might be having a similar type issue or maybe somebody could 'splain' it to me using small words.

Also, not looking to create a wild-goose chase for anyone either. Just seeing if anyone knows something off the top of their head.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This is just strange...but I will ask the question anyway. Tablet restarting

sounds like the same virus my desktop has, it reboots on its own sometimes and othertimes not. You could try factory reset, but if its old it may not be able to access Google playstore or appstore and you wont be able to redownload avare.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This is just strange...but I will ask the question anyway. Tablet restarting

I did the factory reset and reload. Didn't seem to help anything. However, my latest observations lead me to the fact that the reset seems to occur only when I'm on this website.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

What browser are you using?
    Maybe try running Chrome, since its a Galaxy it might be friendlier to run Chrome.
    And of course you can never have to much memory.

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Are the browsers up to date? I've had crashing issues on all my devices when I have kept up with software updates.
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

1. Try the chrome browser as suggested above
    2. Or use Tapatalk to access the forums - free app also, but does have some ads in it.
    3. When I get back to civilization I will be doing a big upgrade to the forum software that might help.

sj

Post Thanks / Like

I am gonna pick up one of these today, cheapest I ever saw it, 200 bucks off http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...-Tab-S2-Wi-Fi/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like my Samsung Galaxy tablet.