Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Front left exhaust and B&C voltage regulator needed around McCall

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Front left exhaust and B&C voltage regulator needed around McCall

I am at Johnson Creek and have a bad B&C voltage regulator and a cracked front left exhaust that I don't believe can be welded. Anyone close by have anything. I have the exhaust at home but would take a few days to get here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Front left exhaust and B&C voltage regulator needed around McCall

My buddy Dave Riffle should be there, he is excellent with electrical issues. Also, I remember there is a regular on the site who lives in McCall. I don't remember his name. Make a midnight raid on one of the CC aircraft. Bypass the regulator and control charging with switch to the alternator only charging when necessary. Turn off all radio during charge. Auto muffler tape for exhaust. Hmmmmmmmmm, running out of ideas. Good luck.
    Last edited by Stephen; 06-18-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, in McCall.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the McCall area, 10 mi. south, don't have a bc regulator but I'm not using my exhaust yet. Call me if you get into town Monday 208-634-2623 or 208 315 2469.
    Bob Didisse, McCall, ID.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, curious as to age of B & C regulator and where it's mounted. Haven't put mine in service yet, have it mounted on aft right side of firewall inside cabin, wondering if I should put a fan on it??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since I was going to be down we took the B&C regulator off my Super Cub to get him going. When installed on my airplane it worked fine. Maybe moisture from the day of rain the day before. Bill Duncan, previous owner of Alaskan Bushwheel found a pipe and we got it intalled no problem. I was overwhelmed with the responce to my dilemma. Lots of people offered up exhaust and a guy from Helena was going to fly one down 2.5 hrs. each way. Appreciate the offer Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got rescued!