Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone have any experience with this?

Does anyone have any experience with this ?

https://droidefb.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone have any experience with this?

Yes,

It is my primary flight planning tool. I do not have the full version with the geo-referenced charts. I am not good on comparisons as I have not used many other tools. For awhile it was called AviationMaps. Changed some hands and basically was unsupported. The original developers got it back and returned to supporting it and provide improvements on occasion. During that time frame I was using Garmin's android app. It was not as user friendly in my mind. However, the Garmin app lagged behind the Garmin Iphone/Ipad version. I would consider it very functional and mature as the application updates are becoming less frequent then they were a few years ago.

I have used it on a Samsung S4, S5, and now S6 phone. I attach it to the control yoke. It uses data to download the METARS and radar unless you are using ADS-B in. I like that it emphasizes towers by altitude so it is easier to know where to look. The

Downside is that it doesn't support any of the Stratus tools (Forflight only I believe.) However, It does support many of the other ADS-B in hardware suppliers.

With the purchase you can also use their W&B app which is reasonably easy to configure. They are also integrated to FSS for briefing and submitting a flight plan.

I think they are very cost competitive against any of the other Android supported apps.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MN_flyer1 View Post
    I think they are very cost competitive against any of the other Android supported apps.

Tim
    I've been using Naviator (and am quite happy with it) which is $40 per year compared to DroidEFB which is $70 I think.

Tim M.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said. I am not good at comparisons. There was a time when I was trying Naviator and AviationMaps. That was many years ago and Naviator felt cumbersome at that time. I suspect it has had many updates as well and maybe very competitive functionally now.

I don't have any recent familiarity with any of the apps other than DroidEFB.

Tim