Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cool Stuff I Bought at Oshkosh

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Cool Stuff I Bought at Oshkosh

Walking through the buildings and Fly-Market at Oshkosh I always find stuff I can't live without.
    After buying the large Grypson mat at Sun & Fun the year before last I found a need for a smaller version and low and behold they had one. Doesn't mar paint and won't slide off or let your tools slide. $35
    20170731_104642.jpg

Then I ran across this ratcheting tubing cutter. Always a pain to cut a piece of tubing in a confined space. $8
    20170731_101339.jpg

I also found a nice German made small Apex bit ratchet. I have one I got from Matco years ago and several people have wanted one but Matco doesn't have them anymore. Bought this for a friend. $30
    20170731_104421.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cool Stuff I Bought at Oshkosh

Walking through the outside fly-market I saw an outside vendor with lots of airline salvage but two engine mounts that caught my eye. I recognized them but he thought they were PA11 or 12. Needless to say the price was right for two NOS (new old stock) Tri-Pacer engine mounts that had never been on an airplane. Plan to build a good repair jig off of them.
    20170731_105847.jpg

20170731_105412.jpg