Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SWPC Drawing CDs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-22/20 Drawings

If the drawings are not on the two CDs, and Univair does not produce the part, Univair will sell you a drawing or two for about $20 a drawing. I bought the drawing for the back baffles for an O-290. They were very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

To answer the original poster's question, no, the drawings are not available online, but the idea has been discussed. The sale of the CDs is a major part of financing the SWPC and the Educational Foundation. There is a lot of "stuff" available in the store. Vortex Generators at a discount rate, door catches, the super cool LED light shrouds, and lots of Tips and Techniques. The SWPC Tool Library has a tool for just about anything you have a problem doing, from panel cutouts to stabilizer tube removal. These things need to get more use.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I corrected all the old links. The SWPC changed their web address since this thread was started in 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys. I was not sure if there was a more recent link to the drawings since Google repeatedly brought me here. Having the corrected links works. What I am up to is bringing a J4A project that I have had stored away since the '70s out of hibernation. Many other planes got built over the decades and I feel it is time to get this one done while I can still fly. I am thinking of going experimental with the project and want to look into going clipped wing with flaps. Hence the interest in drawings.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drawings Cd always shows unavailable

So Ive been looking at the drawings cd on the short wing piper club website but for quite a while but website has said the cd is unavailable. this has been ovr a couple months. I just bought a project Pa-22 and am ready to get to work. Just wondering if anyone on here had any insight about getting a CD. I called the number for the club and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about but said he would pass my information on to the sales person.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Drawings Cd always shows unavailable

Just received this from the SWPC Store Manager:

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Dan Miller <SWPCStore@centurylink.net> wrote:
    I just noticed that myself. No we are not out of Drawing CDs and if we were I would have some more made. I’ll get it fixed on the website.
    Dan Miller
    SWPC Store Manager

Curt
    N7606K/N4405H

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks the person I talked to on the phone had no clue what I was talking about. I just looked and they now show in stock on the page.

Post Thanks / Like

The SWPC CD is a very valuable resource, however be prepared for a learning curve regarding navigation. It is a bit clumsy to navigate.
    Perhaps if there was an outcry from the masses, and a willing person who was savvy about organizing a CD full of pdf files, it could be improved.

Nonetheless, you will find it invaluable once you familiarize yourself to the formatting. If you have a PC at your hangar/workshop it becomes super handy.

Good luck with your project, be sure to start a thread "JTEX PA22 Project" so you can share insights, issues and images with the group.
    Maybe you can introduce yourself to all your new best friends!

Best,
    Glen in Oregon
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Glen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I down load the CD to my computer and then use the search box in the lower left hand corner to search for the drawing I need from the parts manual. I have printed a lot of the drawings and inserted them in the appropriate place in my parts manual. You will find it and the Vagabond CD very handy. The Vag CD has a lot of the small parts like special washers, bushings etc.