Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not another stretched pacer question.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not another stretched pacer question.....

That is what I'm wondering.........With my build plan I decided to leave the AOI alone. How exactly does building the vertical stabilizer off center affect a zero thrust line? Is a Maule vertical stab off center?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    So what is zeroing the thrusting going to do with the angle of incidence on a Pacer?

Hi Steve,

Nothing, don't quite follow what your axing.......

??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know what the zero thrustline does on the Super Cub but question what it would do on a Pacer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not another stretched pacer question.....

This is the Darrenger.... It was built a few years back now... it is stretched, cabin raised 2 inches, modified Taylorcraft airfoil, Cessna 172 flaps and tracks and 0-360 with a zero thrust line custom mount... I have never rode in it but those I know that have say it flies real nice and it seems to perform pretty good...

The trust line being at zero works... but there are so many other mods it is hard to say exactly how much of a difference it made... but that is the beauty of experimental...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I know what the zero thrustline does on the Super Cub but question what it would do on a Pacer?
    Would do same thing but don't know of it being done on a stock Pacer, just a stretch. ............. Performance "enhancement" ....... Shortens ground run slightly, improves cruise a little and adds a slight amount of ground/prop clearance. ..... Was Pipers "auto trim" feature for their high lift section I guess. You will have to use a little more down trim with it zero.

TX was asking if Maules have fin offset and answer is yes......... Maule, Citabria, Scout, Decathlon, others. I do like Steve's Aircraft rudder trim idea..... keeps you from having to "tweak" the top of the fin on the Pipers. Much better than adding a trim tab.