Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: The Cub

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Cub

Well Since The Cub Doctor's name came up in another post. I thought some of you might like this video. Yea the Pacer is pretty cool with the seaplane door open. We also take the door off of the 7GC Champ. Way cool

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmptFk...yer_detailpage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Cub

Very good video, nice to a well done show.

Peter Lubig

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed it.
    This is the affect "The Little Yellow Airplane" had on our family's lives.

So this is my Family's story with a Cub and a Champ. Yea I know the Camp isn't yellow but it was my first plane along with my Dad who was my partner in it in 1965.
    In 2001 My Son and I bought the 7GC Champ that we still have. So Little planes have always been part of or lives. Father Son Partnerships do work and are a hell of a lot of fun. I gave my part to Grandson the day he soloed it and Son gave his part when he got his Private License.
    Lives in my family that a Cub had influence on was my Dads 1940, Mine 1948, Sons 1969, Daughters 1975, Grandsons 1998, Grand-daughter 2000, well she had to be different her first ride was in our Champ.
    The last 65 years has been a great flight through life in the "Little Yellow Airplane" along with all the rest of the flights in little planes.
    Jim
    My Dad with our Champ 1965

My Sister and me in 1948. This is the Cub my Dad flew us around in. The General Aviation bubble had just collapsed. The reason was due to flooding the market with light planes. All the Mfg. thought all the returning WWII pilots would want one plus the GI Bill to teach flying. WRONG
    Notice the tall grass in the hangar.

From Cub to what I built and flew in1973

From Cub to a Jet and more

Both Kids in The Cub

My Daughter didn't get to solo a cub but this was her Luscombe that we were Partners in 50-50. She flew I paid for it. Her first solo she was not to happy because I didn't put the doors back on

From Luscome and cub to this

Grandson from a Cub to being able to fly the Champ from VA. to Texas. He was 14 at the time. Today Sept 27 2017 he turned 21 and he has 800+ hours which 550 are tail wheel along with a Commercial and Multi Eng.

Grand-daughter still can't seem to get in a Cub

piperrocks2013

Amazing Stories Guys!!! Quite a family history you got there in aviation Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing family flying history. Thanks
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."