Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Colt O-235 Alternator Belt?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colt O-235 Alternator Belt?

Since I have my prop off for the new starter install, I am going to also put on a new alternator belt. I found an old thread here that says the O-320 uses a Gates XL Green Stripe #9330 belt. Is this the same belt for the O-235 or does it take a different one? I have the Alcor 40 amp alternator installed. Thanks in advance, i don't want to shell out $70 or whatever for a Lycoming belt.....kelliots '61 Colt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Colt O-235 Alternator Belt?

If you still have your old one you can get it matched up in size at the Aircraft Auto Store.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats what I'll end up doing, it has a gates PowerRated belt on there now, they are good belts. I think the Lycoming belts are made by Gates in fact.

Post Thanks / Like

It turns out there are OEM Lycoming belts available on ebay for reasonable prices, so I just ordered one for the O-235 from there.

Post Thanks / Like

The NOS ebay belts may have a limited shelf life.
    The Gates XL has been good for me https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/g...t/7295/4347196