Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So how much will people actually pay for a Pacer???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So how much will people actually pay for a Pacer???

While I would love for my bird to appreciate in value, I think of the joy I have gotten from it, and I hope I have been a good caretaker -- leaving it better than when I got it. I would love to pass it on to someone else and hope they receive as much in their ownership. LIke it or not, these birds may be inexpensive to buy, but do require upkeep. My cover has been on a long time, and is due for an inspection underneath.

I am not sure what a "song" is , but I do not expect to regain all of my input $$$
    [Then again, with the rising costs of caskets, maybe being buried in it, isn't such a strange idea]

Post Thanks / Like

Vags increased in value when they became LSA eligible. Before that they went pretty cheap.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Green View Post
    Vags increased in value when they became LSA eligible. Before that they went pretty cheap.
    I expect LS Aircraft to loose value with the new medical.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My 22/20 has been with me for close to 38 years, and being realistic, it's value is no where close to what he's worth to me. People that see it can't believe I covered it close to 25 years ago, still looks great. The dash has no radios or navigation equipment, and all the gauges with bearings growl. The engine is a very low time dynafocal mounted 0320 in Univairs expensive 0360 mount. The ELT is the old type and the struts still need punch testing every two years. The interior is a three on the ten scale, and I still haven't got around to mounting shoulder harneses on the mounts I welded in back in 92. When I see what others are selling for, I think a new buyer would try to talk me down from 20 grand. I'm in Salt Lake City now playing for a couple weeks, rode a Southwest 737 out. Today my daughter and her instructor are allowing me to go along on a lesson on mountain flying. She's getting a private pilot license for some reason. Must have realized it won't be that many more years before our plane will be hers if she wants it. Not so sure she knows how much it takes to keep these planes operational, hangars, annuals, electronics soon, insurance, normal maintenance etc. I'll be looking into letting her have the plane here during Michigans winters, if I find that could work. Parting with the plane is not something easy to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

My sentiments follow thoughts posted by Lownslow, Old3pacer, Frank and Jim. It took a couple years to figure out what to do with ours since it needed the restoration. The question as to selling it as a project was met with disappointment from my better half, she is quite attached to this old bird. The clincher to dump money on it was solidified when we decided it would stay in the family after I'm out of the picture by turning it over to daughter. I am confident she will keep it for another 30 years.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hi,

My 22/20 has been with me for close to 38 years, and being realistic, it's value is no where close to what he's worth to me. People that see it can't believe I covered it close to 25 years ago, still looks great. The dash has no radios or navigation equipment, and all the gauges with bearings growl. The engine is a very low time dynafocal mounted 0320 in Univairs expensive 0360 mount. The ELT is the old type and the struts still need punch testing every two years. The interior is a three on the ten scale, and I still haven't got around to mounting shoulder harneses on the mounts I welded in back in 92. When I see what others are selling for, I think a new buyer would try to talk me down from 20 grand. I'm in Salt Lake City now playing for a couple weeks, rode a Southwest 737 out. Today my daughter and her instructor are allowing me to go along on a lesson on mountain flying. She's getting a private pilot license for some reason. Must have realized it won't be that many more years before our plane will be hers if she wants it. Not so sure she knows how much it takes to keep these planes operational, hangars, annuals, electronics soon, insurance, normal maintenance etc. I'll be looking into letting her have the plane here during Michigans winters, if I find that could work. Parting with the plane is not something easy to consider.
    That is awesome Jim. I hope you get to visit southern Utah, my favorite place to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I expect LS Aircraft to loose value with the new medical.
    Stephen...We're you in Arlington this last year? I think I may have met you and chatted a bit about your Pacer. Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I was there with my newly modified Super Pacer-Bushmaster. I try to park near the Red Barn. I must have met you. Did you fly down?
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Yes, I was there with my newly modified Super Pacer-Bushmaster. I try to park near the Red Barn. I must have met you. Did you fly down?
    No we drove down as your country makes border crossing in light aircraft into a major deal for such a short trip. I miss heading into the San Juan Islands for a dinner or a weekend... Yes I recognized the aircraft and color scheme and I know I chatted with you about some of the mods as well as poked my nose around your aircraft. Arlington is still fun but back in the day that was a major fly in that we flew into most years, it used to be an EAA thing.
    That's a real cool machine you have there, really enjoyed seeing it.