Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone near Patterson, LA?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone near Patterson, LA?

I am up in Ohio but just picked up a set of wing and fuselage rotators that are currently in Patterson, LA. The problem is that the guy is moving to Alaska THIS weekend!! If I did not have to work on Saturday I would head straight down tomorrow. He is trying to find some place to leave them for me but I thought I might check to see if there at any members around that area that might be able to keep them safe for a few days. Thanks gang!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone near Patterson, LA?

I believe Don Broussard (Cajunwings) is in New Iberia just up the road. You might PM him. http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...616-Cajunwings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I believe Don Broussard (Cajunwings) is in New Iberia just up the road. You might PM him. http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...616-Cajunwings
    If that doesn't work try contacting the fine folks at the Wedell Williams Museum at the Patterson Airport. They would probably keep them for you.

http://louisianastatemuseum.org/muse...iation-museum/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is a neat museum. Gotta go by there next time I am in the area. Neat way to look around the museum.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6775...7i13312!8i6656

Post Thanks / Like

Worked for many years right across the river in Morgan City, La. I have visited the museum many time. It is neat that you can actually walk up to the airplanes and look inside them. There is also a neat sawmill museum in the same building.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bstoney View Post
    Worked for many years right across the river in Morgan City, La. I have visited the museum many time. It is neat that you can actually walk up to the airplanes and look inside them. There is also a neat sawmill museum in the same building.
    I lived in Paterson on a field assignment in 2004/5 for 8 months while working in McDermott's Yard in Morgan City.
    I have been to the museum several times. Yes it is a nice little museum.
    Budd Davidson helped build the Red and Black-Wedell Williams "Miss Patterson" one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bstoney View Post
    There is also a neat sawmill museum in the same building.
    I saw that when I did the virtual tour. Gotta see it in person now.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this thread on Sunday the 14th. Has it been resolved? If not I might be able to help this week. Don

Post Thanks / Like

Don!!! The gentleman said he can leave them with the FBO at Patterson airport. My wife and I are going to drive from Ohio down to Nashville on thursday for the day and evening then head south and get an Air BNB in New Orleans for the weekend. I thought I would let her sleep in one morning and I could run over to Patterson and break the stands down and load them up. Looks like they break down to individual tubes pretty easily and will hopefully fit in my wife’s care so I don’t have to drive my truck the entire way. On the way home we plan to spend the night in Georgia and drop by and see Charlie Aaron. Long trip but will give us a reason to get out of town for 4 days or so and travel.
    Last edited by SClow303; 01-15-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Try and have a couple of hours in your schedule to check out the museum.
    A hell of a long drive to miss out on it.
    Ya might want to get some great Cajun Food while you are in the area. You might want to take the wife with you to see some Cajun country. If you have the time check out the river road and all the Antebellum Plantations. I have roamed all around that country and it is outstanding. Take your time and let the good times roll.
    Where are you in Ohio. I grew up in Upper Sandusky Wyandot County Ohio
    Last edited by wyandot jim; 01-15-2018 at 06:24 PM.