Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airspeed Indicator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airspeed Indicator

Looking for a airspeed indicator for the PA-22/20, working condition.

Allycat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Airspeed Indicator

i Believe I have an extra airspeed indicator from my pacer. How much are you looking to spend for one? I know it works

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good condition TAS unit, plus the exchange rate works out well in your favour, email me at vader.jeff@gmail.com for more info

Post Thanks / Like

If previous AS indicators don't work out I recently removed my working AS which has the correct markings for PA 22/20. It is carefully sealed and ready for reinstallation. I installed a new AS with a better low end range for my Bushmaster.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks for your responses to my request. I have moved ahead and purchased a indicator from White Industries (air salvage company) which I shipped direct to Rudy's Instruments for calibration and dial re-printing. The instrument is 1977 vintage so a little later model than 50's/60's. I've had Rudy's perform this task on another airspeed indicator and they do beautiful work. Looks brand new when they're done. Anyway, thanks again??

Allycat

Post Thanks / Like

Stephen, got any pics? The AS indicator in mine was swapped at some point; must have come from a MUCH faster plane, as the color bands are not even close to PA-22 limits.... I'd really like to get the correct one in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Walt, another option is to send yours out to have a new face made for it with the correct colored arcs.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

walt, if you do go looking for a replacement IAS, something like this one just posted in "show us your panel"
    is nice because the graduation in the lower end is spread out to give a better resolution for slow speed
    during approach or slow flight maneuvering. I replaced mine years ago to something similar to this.
    It was listed on ebay as a helicopter or AG duster version. Will post a pic later to this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walt.buskey View Post
    Stephen, got any pics? The AS indicator in mine was swapped at some point; must have come from a MUCH faster plane, as the color bands are not even close to PA-22 limits.... I'd really like to get the correct one in there.
    Walt, you can send yours out for a new face or you can look for one that opens up the graduations in the low
    speed area. I like that style as you can catch airspeed change quicker when flying in the low speed
    are like final approach or slow speed maneuvering. I got mine off of ebay and had it refaced and calibrated
    before I put it in. I believe it was advertised as an airspeed out of a AG duster plane or helicopter. Happened
    to have enough high end to put in the top end speed warning arcs.

Pics are of one recently posted in show me you panel and mine with the colored arcs

Post Thanks / Like

Walt,

Attached is a image of a PA-22-150 (land plane) indicator with proper speed arcs and markings that comply with the TCDS and Operators Handbook.

The instrument was overhauled and new dial printed by Rudy's Instruments. rudyaircraftinstruments.com/

Regards,
    Allycat

as ind.jpg