Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Dynon D2 Pocket Panel. Awesome people - You should know!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dynon D2 Pocket Panel. Awesome people - You should know!

I returned my Dynon D2 pocket panel 'cause it wouldn't charge. Said to them, "it won't charge". Yes, it was within warranty period of one year. You know they have a strict warning about not using any other device to charge excepting the chargers they send with the unit, right? Well I'm not sure that all happened as I have about 500 chargers of various types and wonder if I got one mixed up. Not sure. So was ready to pay, but they just said, here's a new one. If I were to redesign the Pocket Panel D2 to be a D3 it would have an ability to accept 12V or 24V panel power. I said that in my return message. Don't know if that's why they just sent a new one. Either way, I love my pocket panel. I moved my normal vacuum driven attitude indicator over to the right side for passenger viewing, or me if I want to look that way. That way the PPD2 sits dead square in my line of sight. I will be looking into their panel upgrades now. They turned this around in less than 6 days. Stunning level of support.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dynon D2 Pocket Panel. Awesome people - You should know!

Does Dynon still sell the D2, I didn't see it for sale at Aircraft Spruce anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

The Dynon shows the D2 as not available.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the D1 but, I got tired of readjusting it. I went back to an electric turn coordinator which works fine with my AS, GPS and VSI for hood work. Simple, clean and no extra weight.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

$600. more than a Dynon D2, but can do way more, http://grtavionics.com/home/efis-sys...aviation-efis/

Synthetic vision, enroute GPS navigation and LNAV / VNAV type synthetic approach to any airport even grass runways they're all in its database.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SMO22; 04-18-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm guessing that between their own D10/D100 STC and the Garmin G5 and Sandia and (fill in the blank)... the market is speaking and that they decided to focus on their STC installs.
    as stated many times, electronics evolve so quickly its hard to keep up. Definitely the D1/D2 are almost rudimentary compared to the other offerings today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SMO22 View Post
    $600. more than a Dynon D2, but can do way more, http://grtavionics.com/home/efis-sys...aviation-efis/

Synthetic vision, enroute GPS navigation and LNAV / VNAV type synthetic approach to any airport even grass runways they're all in its database.

Synthetic vision EFIS with moving map and legal to install in PA 22 for $1695......that's amazing! I really like this unit! I want one!