Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: canadian av gas quarantine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: canadian av gas quarantine

Fabricman

this is a link to Canadian aviation weather- hope it helps

https://flightplanning.navcanada.ca/...n&TypeDoc=html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gliderman View Post
    A little more om the problem:

The issue has surfaced to be the 'conductivity spec' is out of tolerance. The fuel is NOT contaminated. So far the only thing they are identifying as a risk is in an airplane that is equipped with a capacitance type fuel quantity sensor. The indicator may not show accurate quantity.
    (Does anyone have a fuel quantity indicator that is accurate?) Most people do not fly relying on quantity gages. But I understand some new homebuilt/experimental aircraft may have capacitance type sensors. But most production aircraft of the big three plus ones like American Champion (Bellanca), Maule and more still use the float/variable resistance type sensors

Shane-o
    I certainly would have no problem flying with that fuel, but my insurance would probably not be any good. I fly by time, and stick the tanks for fuel amounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gliderman View Post
    Most people do not fly relying on quantity gages. But I understand some new homebuilt/experimental aircraft may have capacitance type sensors. But most production aircraft of the big three plus ones like American Champion (Bellanca), Maule and more still use the float/variable resistance type sensors

Shane-o
    Mine has the high tech "old broom handle with notches" fuel quantity indicator, the only reliable type..... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Shane......

Finally heading out to get my Pacer in AK. Had to tear down the engine due to a bad vibration and found numerous problems, so am taking parts to re-assemble once I get to Platinum. Am leaving here May 30 arriving ANC the same day. Figuring two, three days to get to Platinum, another 3 to assemble the engine, assuming I have all the parts, a day to break in over the airport, again assuming no other problems and another 3days to travel back to ANC, etc., I hope to leave ANC to fly south sometime between June 10 and June 15 depending on weather and pace of progress. There will be two of us ( a Canadian friend is meeting me in ANC to make the trip back.)

will give you you a call later today.