Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Unexpected Customer Service (old school)!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unexpected Customer Service (old school)!

It usually takes a bit for me to comment publicly on customer service experience, both good and bad. This is one of those times.

A bit of back ground.... At the end of October last year, I had a small mishap and endured a prop strike. Other than my pride, and a bit of superficial paint, the engine took the brunt of the incident. Crank flange dialed at .009. This set me on a journey that has been challenging, teaching and humbling.

The plane was insured and the claims agent offered a few options for the path forward. I received a repair estimate and learned that the price for the prop strike inspection was virtually the same as a replacement engine. I began shopping and really thinking about upgrading to a 160 hp O-320. I reached out to several salvage companies including Wentworth Aircraft, Inc. It was here that my direction totally changed. Wentworth was able to produce a mid-time O-360 for the same price that my repair was quoted!

I was speaking with Dave at Wentworth who gave me the circumstances around the salvage. He sent me copies of the logs which were approved by my I/A. All looked really good. I placed a deposit on the engine that was inspected and very immaculately and professionally crated for its journey to Alaska.

The day that the engine arrived was like Christmas morning! I was thrilled to begin fitting this new-to-me substantial upgrade to the Pacer. I had the mechanic begin the check on the engine and swapping of components. He confirmed that the crank dialed at .000, and found a couple of minor squawks. However on closer inspection he noticed a crack in the case. Needless to say, this took the wind out of my sails just a bit.

I contacted Dave at Wentworth, who was surprised by the news, hoping to find a replacement case. He assured me that they would stand behind their engine. He immediately offered to order a pickup for return or to send another case. I like having options. This O-360 A4A was exactly the model I was looking for, so I elected to go with the replacement. Not only will Wentworth be sending another yellow-tagged case, but offered some financial relief as well.

We discovered a couple of other issues while disassembling the engine for the case swap, and again, Dave stood behind the product, despite the fact that they would not have had any way of knowing about these other issues.

Needless to say, I am overwhelmed by this old-school customer service! I am very happy with how this has progressed and the support that I have received. Therefore, if you are in need of an engine, or other salvage parts, I can without hesitation recommend Wentworth Aircraft, Inc. You can find them on the WWW, but if you need contact information, send me a note and I'll forward.

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Unexpected Customer Service (old school)!

Sounds great.

Who's STC are you using?
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much. REALLY good to here this feed back from a salvage outfit.
    I'm looking for a GOOD O-320 for our 7GC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Sounds great.

Who's STC are you using?
    I am using Trimmer's STC. I had a wonderful visit and gained great information and insight.

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app