Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for a Tri-Pacer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a Tri-Pacer

Hi everyone, just joined the forum, I'm looking at getting a Tri Pacer for my son who will be 16 soon and is getting ready to solo. The Tri Pacers seem like a good airplane for him to build time and train in.
    I was wondering if anyone had a Tri Pacer somewhere around Dallas/Fort Worth area that we could come look at to see what these planes are like in person before we start looking to buy ones that are farther away.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for a Tri-Pacer

Welcome to the ShortWingPipers.
    There are few PA-22s in the DFW area. You know though, DFW area is bigger than some states. Where about DFW are you. There’re are 2or more around I-20 & 1-30 west end near Weatherford. One or 3 near I-35E & 287 around Waxahachie. So welcome to this little community.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'm in the Denton Decatur area. I have also sent a PM to Steve Pierce, he is not too far away so maybe able to get with him.

Post Thanks / Like

I know there WAS at least one PA22 at Denton....before it ate the back end of a fuel truck.
    I bet there are more there. Just call the FBO there and they might introduce you to a few.

Post Thanks / Like

The local chapter of the SWPC (Longhorn Chapter) will have our monthly meeting May 19th at MWL. We typically have about 10 members show up, with 3-4 planes. I am not aware of any members based at DTO, we do have members at 52F & T67. We have a lot of friendly people who would be very happy to talk 'short wings' with you.

MWL is having a 75th anniversary celebration on the 19th, so (hopefully) there will be a pretty big turnout of planes & people.

If you have an interest in joining our group, you can email me at paulwatts@juno.com