Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Generator belt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Generator belt

Antone have the correct part number for a PA-22/20 160 with a generator? Not finding a definitive number.

Thanks

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Generator belt

take your old belt to the napa store and buy the best quality v-belt they have. if you buy from airplane parts you will pay three times the price for the same belt.RLM

Post Thanks / Like

National Aircraft Parts Association?

Anyone happen to know the size? I'm just asking.......

Post Thanks / Like

napa is the auto parts store, take your old belt in and they will size it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Lycoming changed the part numbers on the generator belt. The current is 37B19774-325, about 55 to 64 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought one for mine from napa[aircraft diision] was to short the guy re looked it up and says thats the one that belongs on it , seems like I got the next size longer dont remember exactly what was up with that one but it didnt fit either so I still have my very old one on there 59 22-160

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen lots and lots of belts on the farm here and I would buy nothing but the proper belt for an airplane. I saw a 1969 combine still running with mostly original belts that we traded 2 years ago and our new combine has had 3 belts go out within 3 years already. NAPA quality belts, even John Deere belts, are not something I would put on an airplane. The worst part is that farm equipment parts are not very far off from aircraft parts now. Some of the parts I think are more expensive now.

Post Thanks / Like

Message flagged

Thursday, 13 September 2012 8:24 AM

the point that I am making about the gen belt on the PA22-150-160 is when you buy yhe 65.00 dollar belt from the air parts outfit, it is the exact same dunlop goldseal belt that you buy at the autoparts store for 12.00. so spend your money wherever you want to. but I am saving my 50.00 bucks for other stuff. these planes are 50 to 60 years old and some of the parts are not airplane specific and never were. when you work on these old things it reminds you of working on a 55 chevy.

Post Thanks / Like

Zac, there is nothing special about a Lycoming belt other than it has a # on it and comes with a price. A quality belt is a quality belt and a cheap belt is a cheap belt. Today I'm not sure which NAPA sells anymore. Even buying Gates or Dayco you can't be sure anymore farm or aircraft, hopefully they are marked with place of manufacture and I try to buy USA but it is tough to find. I buy mostly Gates belts at a industrial supply store for my machine shop and AC and I use a lot of belts.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

Zac 5 years, 200 hours on the Napa belt. Have a 40 year customer relationship with the local owners. When I replaced belt, also got one shorter and one longer, used the one for best fit, other 2 returned and credited to my account. In return,they have a place to deer, rabbit, and varmit hunt and a shooting range for rifles and pistols.

Bob Ohio