Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: Frankenpacer is For Sale!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frankenpacer is For Sale!

Its been a long time but many of you may remember this project of mine. Missions have changed and I have recently sold the prop and spinner, and decided to keep the engine. Therefore I have the complete airframe and I want it gone! At this price, it's essentially free.

Conceived to fill the need for a reasonably fast "flying SUV", this airplane features a flat floor from firewall to aft baggage bulkhead to accomodate a wide range of loading options, and yes, I planned on sleeping inside on flying camping trips. The structure shares its primary dimensions with a 56 PA-22-150 so will fly substantially like a Pacer. The fuselage features two full sized door openings in front with a single cargo door on the right rear. Main doors are intended to be a split type, with the lower section hinged at the front, and the upper section hinged at the top, cub style, but much larger. The search for higher cruise performance is enhanced by the use of Cessna 170 gear legs and the RV-6 cowl. Tail wheel is an Aviation Products unit on a titanium stinger spring. Complete project includes everything you see here and essentially the rest of a Tri Pacer (tanks, interior, cowl, interior, etc)

As discussed above, engine, prop and spinner are NOT available. Pictured for illustration only.

There is still some welding to be done to finish up the gear and floor mods, and there is a small upper longeron splice needed to address some rust at the wing TE, but other than that, the structure is solid and ready for blast/paint.

I'll consider parting it out for the proper financial motivation. If I'm left with the wings and tail, maybe I'll build a Breezy.

Price is just $2,500! is located in Mojave, ca. Bring your truck, give me this paltry sum and take it home.

contact me at toobuilder1@yahoo (dot) com
    or six six one 816 1849

Mike

Last edited by Frankenpacer; 05-11-2018 at 12:30 PM.