Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TX craigslist Super Pacer and Colt.

Post Thanks / Like

Default TX craigslist Super Pacer and Colt.

https://houston.craigslist.org/avo/d/paand-pa-22/6589568422.html

Anyone remember this one from a few years ago? Looks like the family is selling dads estate. I like the paint, Pacer meets Eagle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TX craigslist Super Pacer and Colt.

So that looks an awful like my project... Maybe I need to raise my price!

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine had a farm as well as a manicured grass runway for his plane. He had an old barn they tore down and was going to sell the beams so some folk might buy them for fireplace mantel or other decorative uses. Had them setting out by the drive way with a sign $25 per beam. No takers. After about 3-4 weeks he put out another sign and also advertised someplace in town, changed to price to $100, They were all gone inside of a couple weeks. Go figure.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Thats how my Hiperbipe sold.... Spent months at a "givaway" price; raised it by $5k and it sold right away. Sometimes if its too cheap people think somethings wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

...LOL... sounds like the pricing strategy quite a few European car makers used in the 70s. I'm convinced that's what they did -- just raised the price, to appeal to a more "upscale" clientele in this country. I also think, unfortunately... it worked! Think SAAB, Volvo, Mercedes, Peugeot, Rover.... (Do you really think a German taxi company is going to pay $40K for a diesel MB? EACH? -- remember, I'm talking about the 70s here...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsareforkids View Post

https://houston.craigslist.org/avo/d/paand-pa-22/6589568422.html

Anyone remember this one from a few years ago? Looks like the family is selling dads estate. I like the paint, Pacer meets Eagle.
    To bad they don't have better pictures. Wish I was closer. Be interested to know how much it flew and how much. Also about the prop, lots of ADs on the older constant speed props. Looks like it would be a really neat airplane to own with a little work to put it back together and inspected.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting plane for sure, but I imagine that price will come down. It is probably valued at what it was when it was a fresh build with what were then new avionics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree, pretty soft market in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I traveled to Houston to look at an airplane I came away badly disappointed. The aircraft project was advertised as "corrosion free" and it had a nice looking coat of primer but there wasn't a tube that wasn't badly pitted.