Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lycoming parallel valve guide pilots

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lycoming parallel valve guide pilots

Rebuilding a set of O-320 Millennium cylinders in the middle of nowhere....Platinum Ak. Came to a screeching halt when I discovered I don’t have the correct pilots for the Black and Decker stone tool holder. Pictured are Continental pilots and Goodson is out of stock on the exhaust pilots...posting up here hoping someone in the Anchorage, Palmer Wassilla area has a couple I can rent or buy. Top end of the pilot is 0.375”. Guide size/s are 0.404” and 0.4985”. Adjustable would be best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lycoming parallel valve guide pilots

How often does mail from down south fly into Platinum? Would help and get some tooling here in
    Dallas area for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 51-pa22 View Post
    How often does mail from down south fly into Platinum? Would help and get some tooling here in
    Dallas area for you.
    At least one mail plane per day, weather dependent.

Post Thanks / Like

I should be able to get the tooling you need Monday and have it usps priority mailed out of Dallas by Tues. expect It to
    AK by Fri then Platinum by Monday. What do you think? I will call Sal’s and get spec for reams and his suggestion on who to buy them from.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 51-pa22 View Post
    I should be able to get the tooling you need Monday and have it usps priority mailed out of Dallas by Tues. expect It to
    AK by Fri then Platinum by Monday. What do you think? I will call Sal’s and get spec for reams and his suggestion on who to buy them from.
    Very Kool! Will let you know if we need them. I ordered two adjustable valve guide pilots from New Way and had them overnighted to my daughter in Anchorage...Goodson was out of stock. Marv and Patrick are flying Patrick’s 177 from Anchorage...should be departing shortly...they have the injection pump for the Cat genset and the valve guide pilots. Need to get power restored to the community....first....Ef’n John Deere genset is down....just over 24 hours. 10k hours....5 sets of injectors, four high pressure common rail pumps... the last common rail fuel system didn’t last 24 hours.....but are/were used.....removed from a running engine so.....Bla bla...

Last edited by mmoyle; 06-02-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool
    Just let me ant the rest know if you scored your needed tooling.
    Will stand down until your call in need.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure would like to get up to your neck of the woods. Was introduced to halibut cheeks a few years back...nice 1/4-1/2lb of sweet meat. Alas, right now stuck in Dallas area.
    For a second place price, we just had sea bug for the 40 yr, the school teacher has tried to educate me.
    8957284F-0CFC-4C0B-A404-9E9E4192BD10.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Love Hal’s Butt, sea spiders, sea cockroaches with or without claws... can get spiders and butt here but...I’m to chicken to take my boat out into the Bering Sea. Salmon start running in about a month...to the second week of September. Avgas and Mogas available here...an place to sleep...

Last edited by mmoyle; 06-02-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

"I’m too chicken to take my boat out into the Bering Sea."

Nice to hear - the sea is an unforgiving mistress when she want's to be! Lost my first instructor when he stuck a 150 into the sea while searching for the bodies of four dickheads who ignored all advice about the rough seas and ended up floating home....face down!

Post Thanks / Like

And clams Mark, don't you have them too