Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Field Guide to Shortwing Wingtip STC's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Field Guide to Shortwing Wingtip STC's

Does anyone have any up to date knowledge on availability of the Sullivan STc as a kit and its cost or if Dakota wing tips are needed for this and available?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sullivan/Hendrick tip or Stewart Hanger21 Tip??

Quote Originally Posted by stevesaircraft(Bri) View Post
    His mission is twofold.
    1: a little better stol performance and
    2: better slow speed aileron control.
    In my opinion the best setup is Demer/Madras or Plane Booster tips with VG's. This is How our pacer is set up. Unfortunately, the Demer tips are no longer in production therefore not available. Cub Crafters bought out Plane Boosters and changed the tip profile. The new tip has not been certified on the Pacers therefore are unavailable. Crosswinds are too ugly, sorry but they just are. So that leaves us with either Hedrick's or Hanger21. VG's are on order and will be installed probably before we even do the wingtip conversion. Eddie Trimmer put him on to the Hendricks tip. I have never installed one. I have installed the Stewart tip and like thier looks. There is a Cub on the field with the Hendricks tip and it is OK. The question is, which gives the PACER better control and performance?

Alaska guys can chime in at any time here

Brian.
    Brian.....I have the Stewart tips on my Pacer with VG,s and 160HP. I could not be happier with the handling and performance. Short field performance is in the range of good Super Cub STOL, roll rate is almost as good as my old stock original Pacer. Just a good, honest performer with fair speed despite 29 inch tires. Hauls a good load. Around 200 + hours up here in AK and it makes a really good “bush pick-up truck”. I have another Pacer project back in Arkansas with the wing already covered, and I like this one so well, I will put the Stewart tips and VG’s on it.

Fabricman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabricman View Post
    Brian.....I have the Stewart tips on my Pacer with VG,s and 160HP. I could not be happier with the handling and performance. Short field performance is in the range of good Super Cub STOL, roll rate is almost as good as my old stock original Pacer. Just a good, honest performer with fair speed despite 29 inch tires. Hauls a good load. Around 200 + hours up here in AK and it makes a really good “bush pick-up truck”. I have another Pacer project back in Arkansas with the wing already covered, and I like this one so well, I will put the Stewart tips and VG’s on it.

Fabricman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Steve merged a bunch of threads into one here... my original post was in 2008... hard to believe that was 10 years ago... That airplane got Sullivan Tips installed on it... The owner sold it to buy a Maule...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevesaircraft[bri] View Post
    Steve merged a bunch of threads into one here... my original post was in 2008... hard to believe that was 10 years ago... That airplane got Sullivan Tips installed on it... The owner sold it to buy a Maule...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It lived just east of me for several years and was a regular on our river camping trips. It now resides in Anchorage.

FB_IMG_1530360045536.jpg