Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone around the Denver area?

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone around the Denver area?

I am looking seriously at a pa22-20 with a 160 right now. I would love to take a walk around and maybe get up in the air in one here locally before i buy a commerial ticket to check this pacer out. Anyone around willing to meet up by chance?

Rob Olsen-Drye
    live in aurora,
    A&P school in Broomfield
    Rent a warrior out of Longmont
    Willing to go just about anywhere close

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: anyone around the Denver area?

Rob, there's a PA-22/20 at Longmont, I sent you a Private Message. Another at Everett. You might touch base with the folks at Univair, since you'll be getting to know them quite well if you go down this rabbit hole

Thanks. cubscout

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cubscout View Post
    Rob, there's a PA-22/20 at Longmont, I sent you a Private Message. Another at Everett. You might touch base with the folks at Univair, since you'll be getting to know them quite well if you go down this rabbit hole

Thanks. cubscout
    Howdy! Unless there's someone new w/ a Pacer back home, LMO won't have a Pacer much longer. I'm planning on bringing it out to CA (TSP) as soon as schedules allow. I think there may be a nice Tripacer based out of Erie and a few years back I got a look around Mystery Pacer in Platte Valley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevin50D View Post
    Howdy! Unless there's someone new w/ a Pacer back home, LMO won't have a Pacer much longer. I'm planning on bringing it out to CA (TSP) as soon as schedules allow. I think there may be a nice Tripacer based out of Erie and a few years back I got a look around Mystery Pacer in Platte Valley
    Hey Kevin! Looks like maybe there is one other one out there at LMO? I'm hoping to base mine at Platte valley as well, I haven't seen a pacer there, but that's not to say there isn't one. My good friend Ted has his SQ2 out there, I would have thought he would mention it if it existed.

Either way. I'll shoot ya a PM, would love to come check our yours before you leave, if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, was that tripacer brown on tan? If so, it just sold to a nice fella outta Washington. Spoke to him on Facebook the other day.

Post Thanks / Like

There could be another Pacer at LMO, I would be interested as to who it is! I already live in CA so my trip home to retrieve the Pacer will probably be a quick turn around but I'm hoping to have a couple days of hanging out at LMO to see friends and fly my dad's Pietenpol, so if there is time I'm definitely game to meet up!

The Tripacer I was thinking of at Erie is blue and white, but it could be based at one of the other Denver area airports. My Pacer is brown/tan as well. If you don't know what Mystery Pacer is, google: Younkin Mystery Pacer. It's gorgeous. When I looked it over in the past it was hangared with the WWI museum guys. Didn't they move down to the springs or Pueblo, maybe it went with them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh wow. I have seen your dad's airplane at lmo, thing is cool. I flew in one when I was a little kid.

Other guy at LMO is Ken? He isnt flying at the moment I hear.

I have heard of a mystery pacer, didn't realize there was one associated to Platte. Thought you just meant a phantom pacer that you have heard of but haven't seen.

I stopped in at the ww1 museum a few months ago and it wasn't there, but there is a ton of treasures hidden in hangars there.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mystery Pacer is back in Arkansas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-CAS View Post
    The Mystery Pacer is back in Arkansas.
    Sad to hear. I wish I could see it. And talk to the guy

Post Thanks / Like

Haha Ken is my dad, he's too busy flying the Piet to have time to fly the Pacer so I'm bringing it out to CA, flying it for 1-2 more years then planning to take it out of service and do a full rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk