Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: Sensenich 76EM8s5-054 on a Pacer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sensenich 76EM8s5-054 on a Pacer?

Anyone on here ever try a Sensenich 76" prop (76EM8s5-054 to be exact) on a 150hp pacer. I'm not sure if this would be a viable option over my 74/58, so I thought I would ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sensenich 76EM8s5-054 on a Pacer?

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post

Anyone on here ever try a Sensenich 76" prop (76EM8s5-054 to be exact) on a 150hp pacer. I'm not sure if this would be a viable option over my 74/58, so I thought I would ask.
    Nice thought. Unfortunately it won't work. The prop is drilled for 1/2" flange bushings as found on an O-360. I also suspect that with the added length and blade width, the O-320 would struggle to turn it sufficiently.

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Not really compatible with the 74DM series. Uses 1/2 vs 7/16 prop bolts. Has a thicker hub so Spinner may not fit. Weighs 2 lbs more. Falls under a different propellor TC, and biggest of all would require a field approval since no STC exist.

https://www.sensenich.com/wp-content...1374589768.pdf
    Last edited by Brian; 07-23-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, a friend had one and asked if I could use it. I'll keep looking for a borer or a 74/53ish one.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, a friend had one and asked if I could use it. I'll keep looking for a borer or a 74/53ish one.....
    I had a 74/57 originally and it did ok. I transitioned to a 82/44 and found that it was over pitched. It would meet the acceptable limit on the static RPM, but at the lower end. I repitched to 42 and saw an improvement in performance. I still think it was slightly over pitched. I would get 2350 on static and 2550 flat out cruise.

All indications are that the longer props perform better for take off, however on 8.50 tires, I just made the required 9" prop clearance. I was normally on 31" tires, so the clearance was sufficient.

In this configuration, I would indicate 95-100 mph. My shortest take off roll was 300' on grass (perhaps a better pilot could get off quicker), but I still had to keep in ground effect to accelerate. This was with 20 gallons of fuel, no passengers and minimal cargo.

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sensenich 76EM8s5-054 on a Pacer?

Has anyone legally installed one of Sensenich’s W80DM44 composite props with the urethane or nickel leading edge? My new Borer prop now has two dings after an 1800 rpm run up. One of them out towards the tip...1/4” into the leading edge. Waiting on decent weather to see if the high cylinder head temperature is under control...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by mmoyle; 08-01-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

After much reading (thanks for the links Steve)and talking to a few folks I'm buying a yellow-tagged 74/56. Will give a pirep when we road test it That new wood composite is 17 lbs lighter, should be awesome. Zane over on BCP is ordering one, should get some good reports on it soon.