Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wagabond build

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wagabond build

I prefer sticks in tandem or single place aircraft and yokes in side by side.
    I just prefer the throttle in my left hand and stick in the right. I suppose one could sit on the right and then the throttle and stick would be n the correct order.
    Then the pilot's door would be in the right place? We could pretend we were flying a helicopter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Your plane. Your choice. Good for you.

I loved my J3 and it's sticks. I now have sticks in my Pacer and love it. But, I see your point. In my chase I have a left door and my sticks are shorter than the Clipper's, which make easy access for me. If you were climbing over both sticks it might be a bigger challenge. Although, there are some old fart's flying Clippers successfully.
    Keeps you limber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redbarron55 View Post
    I prefer sticks in tandem or single place aircraft and yokes in side by side.
    I just prefer the throttle in my left hand and stick in the right. I suppose one could sit on the right and then the throttle and stick would be n the correct order.
    Then the pilot's door would be in the right place? We could pretend we were flying a helicopter.
    I learned to fly in a Clipper with sticks, right throttle and toe brakes. Started flying a 90 hp Super Cub and didn't find the transition to left throttle and heel brakes much to get use to. I go back and forth a lot now. Never really liked the yokes in the Pacer except it was easier to get in and out.

Post Thanks / Like

Switching the stick from right to left hand took about 10 seconds for me to get used to. I got serious about getting rid of my yokes (which were rams horn style) when I had a 6' 9", 300 pounds passenger and he could not get his legs out of the way of the yoke which effected aileron roll during landing.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I love the sticks and throttle on the left side in my sport trainer too. but when I sit side by side I like yokes, like I had in my Cessna 140. That's why I love building these small airplanes, you can make them custom from scratch.