Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repairing fabric with Imron paint

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Repairing fabric with Imron paint

Robertsailor. If C-GRUT was dinged. You have 3 good colors to match. I would replace that full side panel. You will then have good pieces of coated fabric to have the paint matched! You can cut a 1” strip with all 3 colors and mail it to,the suppliers requesting for a matched sample returned. Then your only glued seam will be on the bottom. You can cut the fabric with pinking shears and it can look like the joint was originally designed that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Repairing fabric with Imron paint

Thanks to all you guys for your great advice, it's certainly appreciated. I have the number of the original colors and they are all still available from Imron so I'll get a good color match. If the shine is too much there are additives to reduce some of the shine. The plane has always been hangared so it still retains most of the original shine. You've given me lots to think about and I really learned a lot from your input. R