I don't have a vacuum system in my Pacer, so I've been looking at electric alternatives for an AI and DG to do basic IFR flight. To me, for my 30K airplane, the Garmin G5, Dynon D10/D100 and Aspen are just all too expensive and depending on how you slice it, should really be hooked into a WAAS receiver. Plus, I really have no interest in doing LPV approaches to mins in a single engine airplane. I do enough of that stuff at work.

While at Airventure, I came across Aerovonics. It's promising technology, that seems cost effective and a lot more reliable then our current vacuum system instruments.

STC and Experimental versions are targeted at $1595. Seems they aren't trying to gouge the certified crowd.

You can setup 2 units. 1 as an AI and 1 as a DG.

What I found awesome was, For the DG it's non slaved. They are doing this so it's a drop in replacement for existing equipment. No having to add extra antenna's or hook into a GPS. Just drop it in and hook it up to your electrical bus. No major panel mods which I thought was pretty cool.

You do have the option to via an RS-232 for the DG unit to act as a repeater for GPS data. If you have an older KLN or Garmin unit it should be compatible and act as a display for your Nav data.

If you think this could even possibly be something in your future, PLEASE send them a quick email through their web site asking them to add the PA-20 and PA-22's to the AML for the STC. I'm trying to get as many people possible to email them, so we are included. IMO I think it's great tech and hopefully makes it through the certification process.

https://aerovonics.com/av-30

cr=w_800,h_500,a_cc (1).jpgcr=w_800,h_500,a_cc.jpg