Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fall flying '18 what have you got?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: fall flying '18 what have you got?

I am sure airspeeds vary some between planes but I typically, and also instruct my daughter to get it down to 65 on final stabilzed like your looked and maybe 60 xing the fence and it touches down with a similar flare to wheels on the ground. She used to come down final and x the fence about 80 and we'd land 1500-2000 feet down the runway, smooth but long and if was gusty, fighting it for more time than necessary. She hasn't flown it more than 30 minutes since we got it back and last week went out and did some real practice in the pattern. Sometimes she does better than I do.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Lava Creek moose hunting camp.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was my time falling for the leaf effect. I had just rotated and noted a burning smell, grass like it seemed. I gave it a second and though to myself, someone must be burning grass and leaves and I just flew through the smoke. Sure.

Preflighting this afternoon I bent down to grab the exhaust and there it is: one small cottonwood leave pasted to my stack slightly toasted and burned in the middle…

Second photo is just because.

IMG_7674.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

and the rest of the story Troy?

Hunting trip or harvesting trip?

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Harvesting trip...here he is waiting for his first plane ride!

Post Thanks / Like

ahh, moose rack brown and meat bag red, a few of my favorite colors of fall.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful fall morning flight, and a day full of flying. This was departure out of home base Cottonwood Airport on my way to Chicago-Rockford airport to help out flying scouts for the Blackhawk Area Council of Scouts.
    Could not have asked for a better day, cool temps (you can see a light frost on the runway at Cottonwood), calm winds and super smooth air!
    17 pilots and planes and we flew 240 scouts today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good flying lately and this weekend was the socal backcountry fly-in at Kern Valley (L05). Had a good showing of shortwings, I think 4 total.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_3794[1].jpgIMG_3737[1].jpgIMG_3435[1].jpgIMG_3553[1].jpg

I shared these on the FB group so it may be a repeat to some. I enjoy seeing the photos you all post so I thought I would share some as well. It has been a great first season for me with 33A.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....I see alot of nice blue sky in the photo shots above, and wish that I was able to get out and fly more this summer....it never worked out.
    I got away last weekend for the first flight of the year (and probably the last.) A few friends planned a trip to the Red Deer Forestry strip in the foothills. We all flew in around noon, built a small campfire to cook some lunch, and enjoyed a couple of hours talking airplanes, and just going on about how lucky we are to be able to fly whenever we want. The temperature was a degree or two above freezing.....BURRRR!
    Here's a few pics....DSCF1826.jpgDSCF1828.jpgDSCF1829.jpgDSCF1824.jpgDSCF1823.jpgDSCF1837.jpg