Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Elevator cable routing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elevator cable routing

Anyone familiar with the cable routing through the triple pulleys under the floor? Don’t have access to my drawings and can’t tell from the parts manual if the cable from the elevator upper horn goes through the middle or right side pulleys.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Elevator cable routing

Finally found the relevant drawing. Left pulley is identified as "flap," middle and right pulleys only say "elevator" so I guess it's dealer's choice. Since the upper horn cable goes left of center once it leaves the rearmost pulley I put it along the center pulleys.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I think the upper elevator cable is on the middle pulley the way I view this drawing looking forward at the pulley group.

Untitled.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by McDaver63; 09-24-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I said right but I think it could be the middle pulley since the picture shows the cable going higher off the pulley. Yes center makes better sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the parts catalog p105 Fig 35, the middle pulley is described as the 'flap cable control'.
    On p99, fig 33, the two outer pulleys are just described as 'pulleys'.
    All the same p/n, of course.
    From that, you wouldn't think it would matter which way the elevator cables go, as long as they don't cross over, and the flap is on the centre. I should have the hell hole open this afternoon, and I'll see how mine is set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is an unmolested Tri-Pacer that had not been recovered. Flap cable on the left.
    100_3789.jpg

100_3253.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I checked mine today. When I did the rebuild, I replaced the flap cable as I found it, and it is on the left, too. If I'd read the parts manual back then, I'd have put it in the centre!
    When I disassembled the a/c for the rebuild, I found the elevator cables wrapped around themselves and quietly sawing away. It must have been like that for the 12 years after being imported and reassembled --not that it flew much in that time (fortunately).