Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell phones in your ShortWing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cell phones in your ShortWing

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff J View Post
    I wish you had chased those $&@&$)()$&!#%%>{}* pigs south instead of north! They have found my neighbor so I expect my place is next. Much worse than opossums or rats since I live within city limits and it’s not safe to use a powerful enough firearm to exterminate them. Even if they could be trapped or killed, what does a person do with 20 or 30 hogs alive or dead?
    A suppressed .300 AR-15 might just be on the Christmas list

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer an M1 carbine myself.

Catching to sell south is an interesting idea. Local butchers won’t touch pigs.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." - Fred Brooks

Post Thanks / Like

The local wild pigs we shot in Hawaii were good eating after being wrapped in banana leaves and covered with hot lava rocks for 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Actually I was returning from working on an airplane in the next town over, using the bluetooth on my phone to answer a question about a loose trim yoke while chasing pigs in a field.
    Years ago before the "regs" I was climbing thru about 15000 feet and my phone rang. It was laying in the window and I had forgotten to turn it off......... my bad.............. The F/O was flying and we were above sterile so I answered it .......... it was the wife "checking in" and we talked for a minute or two before before call dropped.

I do remember several instances where you could hear a cell phone "chirping" in the radios and had to get the F/A to get someone to turn their phone off. But yet have never had an issue with either navigation or communication like some claim.
    Last edited by Southern Aero; 11-08-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had two android phones that I could hear checking in (chirping). I have been using an iPhone for several years and have never heard it chirp.