Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Old intercom issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old intercom issues

All the headsets in the plane are single plug, which goes into a hush a com box, a mic wire comes back from the box goes to the push to talk and then to the mic jack on the panel.
    I'm guessing the only way to change to dual ga plugs is to get a new intercom?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old intercom issues

Quote Originally Posted by Flyjeep View Post
    All the headsets in the plane are single plug, which goes into a hush a com box, a mic wire comes back from the box goes to the push to talk and then to the mic jack on the panel.
    I'm guessing the only way to change to dual ga plugs is to get a new intercom?
    I have a Hishacom thatís not being used. Iím fairly certain you can use a standard headset with it provided you can find the matching plug. The plug is similar, maybe the same, as whatís found on older stereo systems.

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

After looking at the headsets they are labeled hush-a-com also. So it looks like the whole thing is one whole unit, intercom and the 4 headsets. Looks like I will have to upgrade my intercom to use a standard GA dual plug.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Benesh View Post
    I have a Hishacom that’s not being used. I’m fairly certain you can use a standard headset with it provided you can find the matching plug. The plug is similar, maybe the same, as what’s found on older stereo systems.

The headsets look to have a stereo style plug. The problem is the system will not accept my David Clarks with the dual plug. unless there is a single to dual adapter which to buy 3 or 4 of those I might be better off upgrading the whole thing. It works for now, I just can't use my 2 plug headset. I do have a hand mic and the overhead speaker. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flyjeep View Post
    The headsets look to have a stereo style plug. The problem is the system will not accept my David Clarks with the dual plug. unless there is a single to dual adapter which to buy 3 or 4 of those I might be better off upgrading the whole thing. It works for now, I just can't use my 2 plug headset. I do have a hand mic and the overhead speaker. Lol
    The attractive feature of the Hushacom is no need for a squelch control. Iíd still be using mine except the push-to-talk switch and one of the headsets began to fail. I ran into the same issue of requiring either adaptors or modifying the lead wires for both failing parts.

Post Thanks / Like

My push to talk wire is disintegrating. It looks to just be a male and female mic plug with a button to velcro to the yoke.. at least I hope..