Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Headset Repair Recommendation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headset Repair Recommendation

Anyone have a recommendation on a headset repair shop? I was gifted a Faro G2 ANR headset a few years ago and it's starting to fail. I really like the headset and the price. I feel it has great passive noise cancelling qualities and the ANR feature really quiets things down.
    Thanks for any advice folks can give me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Headset Repair Recommendation

Oh, and talked with Faro and they're not interested in servicing or recommending service; headset is outside of the three year warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, that is a common attitude with the overseas production line.
    Companies don't seem to back a product like the old days & the quality in materials
    does not seem to support a "lifetime".

I looked at the Faro when it came out and it looked very nice for the price but
    over time, I have seen the wire insulation splitting, shorts in the wire connectors,
    and speaker \ mic problems. Recently I purchased one of the first ANR models produced
    by telex on ebay -- it retailed for north of $200 25 years ago. I bought it for parts for $5
    but guess what? It works and the headset, although dusty, looks pretty much like it did new.
    Last edited by Old3pacer; 12-13-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to try Richard Trotter at Active Headsets Inc., he put ANR in our DC headsets a few years ago and provided a light refurb as part of the upgrade. http://www.headsetsinc.com/Contact.html Maybe he can help... Cheers, Donn

Post Thanks / Like

We did the Headsets Inc upgrade to our DC's a few years ago and been very happy with them. I have no way to compare with other brands but when I flip the switch things get clear so I'm happy.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Folks. After searching online for a repair facility I found that headsets upgrades for the DC's. Might be another good alternative if I can't fix the faro's. I just put new ear seals on my h20-10's...adding anr to those would be nice.
    I've worn some of the nice bose anr headsets. They sure are comfortable, but I don't feel that they have the same passive noise cancelling qualities that some nice DC's do. Besides the price, that's why I liked the Faro's---I felt they were quieter than the bose when the battery ran dry. Upgrading my h20-10's might be a good alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought some of the DC gel ear seals from ACS. The old original seals were pretty bad.
    I was truly impressed with the comfort and passive noise canceling. Will buy another set for the
    other headset I have next ACS order.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...lickkey=295232
    "Progress is our most important problem"