Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Looking for a SWP experienced A&P in the greater Richmond VA area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a SWP experienced A&P in the greater Richmond VA area

Good Day All!
    I'm considering purchasing my first Tri-Pacer. In case my current option plays out well, I'll need a pre-buy inspection in the next few weeks (I hope).
    Would love some suggestions on who to hire for that.

Cheers,

DaninWV (I'm not really in WV anymore, but that's my handle).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for a SWP experienced A&P in the greater Richmond VA area

Dan,
    I don't know a good shortwing guru in Richmond [not to say there isn't one, just that I don't know them]
    however, IIWY [if I were you] I would get a good look at the shortwing you are interested in, take many high resolution pics,
    scrutinize the logs, maybe get the FAA records as well,

you can look all these over and pass them along to a shortwing guru [Steve Pierce and his dad, Gilbert, spring to mind] or to another AP of your choice to get a good idea of what you are looking at. Also, consider who will assist you in maintaining it once you find your dream. How far away from you is your prospective purchase?
    AL

Post Thanks / Like

I know an A&P IA just a little north of Richmond that knows shortwing Pipers and has owned more than one. If you want his contact information PM me and I will send you his contact information.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wag-builder View Post
    I know an A&P IA just a little north of Richmond that knows shortwing Pipers and has owned more than one. If you want his contact information PM me and I will send you his contact information.

Steve
    Check out White Hawke Aviation at Culpeper. Kevin took care of mine for several years and did a great job. He grew up in a Tri-Pacer and is pretty familiar with them.

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Old3pacer... I'm actually NW of Chicago close to KPWK, which is where it might end up living for a while, so the TP is hours flight away... I just got pics of ALL the logs and all looks great (as well as the TP itself)... BUT... last fabric job was in 1976 with ceconite. From the pictures it looks great, but that's a long time between coverings... it HAS been hangar'd all it's life since then, but seems like it would need to be redone. Opinions anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll let you know if I get that far in pre-buy. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a A&P at Shannon (KEZF) who ownes (or at least owned) a Tripe for quite some time. If you PM me I will give you his E-mail address.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Juergen, Lloyed sold his Tripacer, but that is who I am sending him too as well.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

OK All... based upon the number of years since last fabric refresh, I'm no longer looking at the aircraft in the Richmond area. Thanks so much for all your great suggestions. What a great group to be part of.. this is my first thread on the site and I couldn't be more satisfied with the responses... I'll probably post a fresh thread as I get ready to take another look at a TP very soon. Cheers All!!!