Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie wants to buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Newbie wants to buy

Hi All New to the forum I would like to buy a Pacer. Have never flown one but they seem to be the plane to fit my budget and mission. I do have my tailwheel and have around 50 hours in a Citabria 7GCAA
    I'm in San Diego and I will need to get time and a sign off to buy. Whats the normal way of going about that if you don't know a CFI or anyone else with a pacer? Also looking for an IA who iis for hire/willing to help

I may have one guy lined up and also another who will at least give me a test "ride"

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie wants to buy

Ray,

As always, you need to define your “mission.” From there, input from others will help but certainly you need to get in the airplanes themselves.

Before I bought my Pacer, although I’ve been in love with them since my first ride in the ‘80’s, I went and test flew a 170 and a Stinson, since I hadn’t ever flown a Stinson and it’d been 30 years for the 170. Most of my tail wheel time is in Cubs, Champs, Citabrias and Decathlons. From that I knew I didn’t want tandem seating and the extra 2 seats were almost a must. That the Pacers are reasonably quick, efficient and decent short field airplanes is a bonus.

Now, it’s only been 6 weeks, but it’s the most fun I’ve had in an airplane in at least 20 years.

Good Luck on the hunt!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a CFI but I could also give you a ride in my 22/20-150, if you make it farther north. I'm based at KTSP (Tehachapi) and work down at KMHV (Mojave).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Guys I have been asking questions and narrowing my possible choices of aircraft for my mission. I want to do some camping , fly ins and be able to land on dirt if I want.
    I have access to a Citabria that I'm training in but I'm a club renter and I cant take that plane off airport and on long weekends. Its starting to get crowded too as far as people wanting the plane
    I will most always be solo but do want the option of one other person if needed
    I am going up to Shafter to fly with a CFI that owns a pacer and cant wait.
    I do have to wait until I see my tax man to find out the smartest way of going about funding, but the money is there
    I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row ......checked out, insurance needs done so that when I do find the right one I can pounce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can you guys living in Southern California give me a ballpark figure for an annual on these ? And the shop that did it fi you would recommend them.

Thanks