Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Interesting call today...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting call today...

Got a call from a gentleman today (Ron) who owned my plane from 1957-1961. Turns out he had been searching for it for some time, and eventually was directed towards the Transport Canada site to search the registration. My logs are incomplete, and only go back to 1965, so I didn't recognize his name, but he was able to name the person he sold it to, and his name is one of the first entries in the beginning of the logbook that I have.

Ron and a buddy flew this thing from western Canada down to, and all around South America in the summer of 1959, and now that he's found the plane he'd like to get together with his pal and have a 60th year reunion picture of them and the plane this summer.....I really hope I can make that happen!

It turns out we live within 30 minutes of each other, but as I don't fly my plane that often, we've never crossed paths. Were going to get together soon and he tells me he's got a pile of pictures to pass onto me.....I can hardly wait.

I've often flipped through my logbook and wondered where the people that flew my plane in the past are, and if they'd be interested in seeing her again....

Ron is 86 now, seems sharp as a tack, and is eager to be flying her again....kinda cool I think.
    Last edited by Pacerfgoe; 01-08-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Forrest Miller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Interesting call today...

That is real cool! Something similar.............. A guy that's now my neighbor 3 doors north worked with me when he was a kid, 17-19........... wanted to learn more about building airplanes. Lived in my hangar for 2 1/2 years or so then went off back to Florida, got educated, got married, then ended up back in my neck of the woods where he is now. While he was building his house/hangar here he decided to look up an old C170 his dad had when he was a kid. He had an old pic of himself sitting on the wheel pant at 5 years old. He found it out in New Mexico and ended up buying it. He's about 42 now. Real cool to see it come back to "the family". Its sad his dad passed just before he got it back and never got to see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very cool Forrest, can't wait for the photos. If these old airplanes could talk the stories they would tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfgoe View Post
    ...kinda cool I think.
    Very cool Forrest... Donn

Post Thanks / Like

The son of a former owner of N3342Z contacted me and sent me the below picture of my Pacer in the '70s when it was still a Tri-Pacer and in its original green and white colors. According to him the picture was taken in the front yard of their farm showing his sister holding his younger sister with a (boy) friend of the older sister.
    He lives in Tennessee and I hope I can make the trip one day to give him a ride in their old family (Tri) Pacer. I also attached a "now" Picture.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z
    Attached Images Attached Images