Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Garmin GMU-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Garmin GMU-11

I also hope to install an AV-Mag soon and would love other ideas of where to do the install. I don't see an easy way to thread a wire through the wing from the looking I've done so I was thinking back near the tail but haven't looked at how hard it would be to get plate installed there to be level with the AV30. I also have a strobe in the access panel on the belly in front of the tail so that may not be ideal. I hadn't thought of the floor of the baggage area; I do like that. I was thinking though that underneath the hat shelf may be an option as well as it may already be level in flight.
    Last edited by sophistical; 08-02-2023 at 11:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ivey View Post
    Perfect! Thank you sir. I am pre-wiring for the Uavionix AV-Mag that will be delivered in a few weeks. I will report the results as a comparison to the GMU 11. I apprrciate the help.
    Checking to see if you ever got the magnetometer installed and which location you decided on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ivey View Post
    Perfect! Thank you sir. I am pre-wiring for the Uavionix AV-Mag that will be delivered in a few weeks. I will report the results as a comparison to the GMU 11. I apprrciate the help.
    Hey Jim what did you decide to do with your magnetometer? Have you had good luck with your install?