Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for Prebuy Inspection Near Macon, GA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Prebuy Inspection Near Macon, GA

I am hoping to become an owner of a shortwing piper and a member of what seems to be a cool community, but I need to get a prebuy inspection done first. The plane is currently in Werner Robins (5A2) but could be moved a short way for the right mechanic. I would love to find someone with Tripacer experience, but, if need be, tube and fabric experience, in general, would probably suffice. I would greatly appreciate any information on who I could go to for such an inspection! Feel free to ask for any other information!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for Prebuy Inspection Near Macon, GA

Quote Originally Posted by guecker View Post
    I am hoping to become an owner of a shortwing piper and a member of what seems to be a cool community, but I need to get a prebuy inspection done first. The plane is currently in Werner Robins (5A2) but could be moved a short way for the right mechanic. I would love to find someone with Tripacer experience, but, if need be, tube and fabric experience, in general, would probably suffice. I would greatly appreciate any information on who I could go to for such an inspection! Feel free to ask for any other information!

Thanks!
    Ckeck with area charters of SWPC, Cub, Supercub, Maule clubs, too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome, do you know the N number? I did a lot of work on a Tri-Pacer years ago that ended up at Werner Robins. Have you read this article?
    http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...ase-Inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Glenn, that is a great idea and I will certainly look into it! Steve, I just read it and found it to be a hugely informative thread, thanks for pointing it out! As far as the N number- it is N3263Z, though it had most of its work done by a guy out of TQE up here in Nebraska.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like nice plane. Are you going to buy it?

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I am planning to if everything goes well with the inspection! I was also able to find a pre buy mechanic who actually rebuilt his own Pacer, so I suppose that brings my search to an end. Looking forward to being a part of this awesome community in what I hope will be the near future!

Post Thanks / Like

If I wasn't 2000 miles away, I'd be looking.