Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Windows!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    CamTom - The views are amazing. Would it be possible to get a couple pictures of what you did in the back? Perhaps from the inside if you were sitting in the backseat and looking out? You obviously had to cut some steel back there and Iím curious what it looks like. By the way, who did the modifications? Were there any drawings created? Thanks for your effort.
    Iíll take some pictures next time Iím at the hangar.

I wish I had the talent to build this airplane. The guy who did is a master craftsman.

No drawings that I know of. Roger Rupp built it, finishing in 2006 I think. Iíve got some progress pictures that he gave me when I bought the plane.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    The best part of that picture to me was what the ASI was showing.
    That's why it was called the Rupp Racer. These planes can clean up. Mine couldn't do that speed running down hill.

Miss Pearl's empty weight must be near gross weight with all the "great" stuff it has.....
    Last edited by Stephen; 02-10-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

It’s faster than Ms. Pearl even with those clod hopper tires.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s faster than Ms. Pearl even with those clod hopper tires.
    "clod hopper tires". What? You can't be talking about Bushwheel Tundra Tires? The best tires ever...worth every penny....ummm...maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    "clod hopper tires". What? You can't be talking about Bushwheel Tundra Tires? The best tires ever...worth every penny....ummm...maybe...
    Iím actually only on GY26s right now, but Iíve got a set of 31Ē Alaskan Bushwheels on the way that will go on another set of wheels for play time

Iíve got a third set of wheel halves but they have some corrosion. I might see if I can clean them up good enough to use for some 6.00x6 to use the wheel pants for cross country mode.

That might be a good rainy spring project.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing through my second set of 29's. I keep patching areas where chord starts to show with bed linner. Did you order the BW's with the extra layer of rubber?

Two sets of wheels would be nice. I would probably put GY's (my version of a XC tire) on one and BW's on the other. Gotta spend it before the kids get it.
    Last edited by Stephen; 02-10-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I'm wearing through my second set of 29's. I keep patching areas where chord starts to show with bed linner. Did you order the BW's with the extra layer of rubber?

Two sets of wheels would be nice. I would probably put GY's (my version of a XC tire) on one and BW's on the other. Gotta spend it before the kids get it.
    My 31s are used and have already had at least one coat of herculiner. Theyíll get another before I mount them up. The only way I could afford bushwheels is used. Iím saving for college for my boy, but after thatís taken care of heís on his own and itís all airplane money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
    My 31s are used and have already had at least one coat of herculiner. Theyíll get another before I mount them up. The only way I could afford bushwheels is used. Iím saving for college for my boy, but after thatís taken care of heís on his own and itís all airplane money
    I clean the tire liberally with acetone before applying Herculiner. I didn't have much luck coating the tire. But, it's working fine when I put on 2" or 3" patches if I let it dry for several days, to harden.

My kids are long out of college but, it seems there is always something in their life that costs me. Now it's grandkids but, I love it. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
    My 31s are used and have already had at least one coat of herculiner. They’ll get another before I mount them up. The only way I could afford bushwheels is used. I’m saving for college for my boy, but after that’s taken care of he’s on his own and it’s all airplane money
    Keep a watchful eye on that college money. I heard about a guy that while his parents were out of town he bought a J3 Cub with the college money.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep a watchful eye on that college money. I heard about a guy that while his parents were out of town he bought a J3 Cub with the college money.
    And, I though old guys couldn't member s...t.