Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Introduction

I looked for a general introduction thread and didn't see one... but figure I should say hi anyway!

Just found this site as I've been shopping for a first plane and it's more or less always coming down to Tri/Pacers or 172s. Assuming I can ever get my medical, of course -- but that's another story. Anyway I've been poking around Barnstormers, backcountrypilot, etc for a while now but this is a great resource and I've been reading lots that will help me in my search for sure!

I'm based in LA and surprised to see more than a few of you are too!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome. The T Pacer is a good choice and there is lots of recommendations on what to look for if you search this site. Good luck
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

glad you are here
    I am too far from you to offer a ride...
    My suggestion in your search is to find the best plane you can afford
    and FLY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Doug

Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes and thanks to this guy ^ for telling me about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Great site, welcome! I'm still a student pilot (at age 70, but who's counting....) and did a lot of research before buying a TP. Great and very capable little plane, and IMHO with a lot more character than a 172.

I suspect you'll find what I did, that a comparably aged- and equipped- 172 will go for anywhere from $3-$5000 more than a Tri Pacer. Best bang for the buck out there.

Just use the contacts on this site and pay someone who knows these planes to do a thorough pre-buy (unlike I did, but that's another story!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome, not sure if you have read this already but you might find it helpful.
    http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...ase-Inspection

Post Thanks / Like

unipus, First, you have to know I am a lover of Short Wing Pipers! I, however wound up adopting a '58 C-175 (just a better 172 IMHO) and have learned to appreciate the early model Cessna. If you want a simple airplane that is great to fly, Short Wing Pipers are a great choice. If you think you would want an autopilot and other nice improvements, Cessna makes it easy. Since the line is still being built and lots have already been built, there are lot of mods for the 172. One additional advantage is the number of mechanic that have experience with them.