Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: WTB Terra transponder

Post Thanks / Like

Default WTB Terra transponder

I believe my Terra TRT-250 is dead. Anyone have one of these ancient beasts laying around? Looks like I could also use the next model newer (TRT-250D)

Thank you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WTB Terra transponder

I used to own some Terra radios some time back, so I'm a bit familiar. Never installed them - just resold them. The pinout for the 250D looks the same, but the racks on the digital Terra models are deeper than the early units. According to the installation manuals, the 250D rack is 1.12" deeper. So if you switch to the 250D, you'll need a new rack and a bit more space behind the panel. The good news is that the connectors and backplate are the same. You can download the manuals for the TRT250D and all of the Terra radios here: http://ellisonavionicsservices.com/i...egory/trt-250d

Whichever replacement you get, make sure it has complied with the Terra transponder AD: http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Gu...3?OpenDocument

Tom P.
    Wagabond @ 08A

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I have one but I can't remember if it was working or not when I took it out. I'll be out at the hanger today and take a look at what I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a transponder , call 785-521-0244

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I believe I have one but I can't remember if it was working or not when I took it out. I'll be out at the hanger today and take a look at what I have.
    Awesome Rick. Let me know what you come up with. I did find my antenna was completely broken off. So I have replaced that. However I think the transponder is also dead. Didn't pass the functionality test.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever get ahold of one? I’m about to do a transponder upgrade in a few weeks and the old TRT-250 will be available.

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org