Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Insurance question

Jeff,
    I think what is being said [what I said anyway]
    is that the airport and /or FBO are requiring being a named entity insured on your policy.
    Some make this a condition of hangar rental. Therefore, if I have an issue with them handling
    my aircraft and want to sue them for damages, it is like suing your own insurance because
    they are named on your insurance

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Maryland and I would have thought they would be the first to require something like this, but for once they aren't leading the charge! Not required her, at least not yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old3pacer View Post
    Jeff,
    I think what is being said [what I said anyway]
    is that the airport and /or FBO are requiring being a named entity insured on your policy.
    Some make this a condition of hangar rental. Therefore, if I have an issue with them handling
    my aircraft and want to sue them for damages, it is like suing your own insurance because
    they are named on your insurance
    I didnít read your post earlier but I see your point and agree. Airports and FBO should have their own insurance to cover problems their employees cause. It didnít even enter my mind that someone besides me might move my airplane even though my first hangar was a cluster hangar and I wasnít allowed to get my plane in or out. That was a long time ago. I thought the airports were looking for insurance to cover the hangar and possibly any adjoining structures. I confirmed today that kind of coverage is extremely limited on an aircraft policy.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." - Fred Brooks