Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wtb 150+hp pa-22/20 pa-20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wtb 150+hp pa-22/20 pa-20

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    It cost almost as much to have my first run cylinders overhauled as buying new. I went with new.
    I did the same.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Gilbert & Stephen -- that makes me feel a bit better. Aerotec gave me a choice of TCM/Prime (I think) or Lycoming. Talked it over with my A&P and we decided to go with the gen-yoo-wine article... for an additional $2900 over the cost of 4 overhauled cylinders. Total's now over $30K.....

I always knew I'd never get back what I put into the beast, but I really did not feel I could even sell it in good conscience with the engine the way it was. Nice to know that, with a few more additions (ADS-B), I might be able to get 30+ for it when I decide to sell. (But first, I want to FLY the thing!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustycoon View Post
    I guess there is at least 3 of us looking then. I think there all in Alaska!

Did you guys ever find your birds? I've been looking for almost a year now. Trying to stay East of the Mississippi..... I've found two good ones but always just a few days/hours late and 2nd in line.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a lot of looking and digging but finally found one I bought a 1957 PA-22/20 150 out in kansas. Just have to be fast and aggressive in the current market. I looked at probobly 4 or 5 others that were basket cases or some seriously sketchey paperwork and too late to even put in a offer on many more.

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked at about the same amount and it's crazy the differences you find between what's advertised and what's actually there. Well at least there's one less looking (Lol). Congratulations on your purchase!

Post Thanks / Like

A couple just posted for sale on FB. Looks like one on east coast, one on the west coast.
    Considering I’m seeing C150’s posting in 30’s and a couple in 40’s range, still surprised seeing a 30k Pacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ysifly2 View Post
    A couple just posted for sale on FB. Looks like one on east coast, one on the west coast.
    Considering I’m seeing C150’s posting in 30’s and a couple in 40’s range, still surprised seeing a 30k Pacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just spoke with the guy on the East Coast. 14min after his FB post. I'm currently 2nd in line.... 14min.... crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dont Limit yourself to a certain part of the lower 48 . Its easy to buy one (if available) anywhere in the US .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sierrasplitter View Post
    Dont Limit yourself to a certain part of the lower 48 . Its easy to buy one (if available) anywhere in the US .
    I spoke with a member on here last year about his Pacer in AK. Basically everything I wanted but at the time no way to ferry it down to the lower 48 with the COVID restrictions. This will be my 3rd plane purchase and it's nice to be able to see the aircraft and documentation with your own eyes with out having to travel across the country. With the current market conditions it might just take a long trip to get the right plane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bought mine unseen in Colorado. I live in California . I gave the asking price but we agreed “ pending an independent pre-buy inspection “ .
    I found my own I/A in the area . The seller did not ask for a deposit . I went to Colorado two weeks later , flew with the owner and bought the plane .
    Went back home for two weeks and hired a ferry pilot to ride along but I did the flying
    at the time I didn’t have enough time in type to fly it back solo
    but it worked out well
    it also helped the seller was a member of this group