Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tri-Pacer turns 70

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri-Pacer turns 70

Quote Originally Posted by Wag-builder View Post
    We are working on it now! If you can attend, we are gathering at KDLL starting on Wednesday July 21, and will brief Friday evening and depart Saturday morning for KOSH. If you are planning to participate, please let me know your "N" number and how many people are in your party. I am putting a spreadsheet together because we only have 50 spots, and I want to make sure everyone gets a place to park. We also have the Tall Pines reserved for Sunday evening for a get together and a catered dinner, so if you want to attend, please let me know that as well.

We will not be flying in a formation, but it will be an ant trail nose to tail into KOSH. We want everyone to have a great time and be safe! Make sure you have a copy of the NOTAM

Please either PM me or email me with your information.
    Hope to see everyone at Oshkosh!

Steve
    sc94cat@aol.com
    See ya’ll at Oshkosh!
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by siouxpilot77; 07-05-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tri-Pacer turns 70

I watched the “tips for flying into Oshkosh” and they showed the schedule for the mass arrivals. We were not listed. Do we have a time slot yet?

Juergen
    Pacer3342Z
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pacer42Z; 07-06-2021 at 06:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Having worked the mass arrivals as a volunteer we aren’t a mass arrival. That is when everybody gets shut off at Ripon while they land. Since we are just going to be an ant trail they will just run us up the tracks and then we’ll have a credential that shows we go to special parking. I’d rather do it this way vs all the formation training to do the mass formation.

Jim

1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

The watch-out for the in trail arrival; everybody has the same altimeter setting, flys the same altitude and airspeed and maintains at least 1/2 mile separation.
    The 2009 and in trail SWPC arrival came apart and got disorganized for the above reasons and a lower than expected ceiling and visibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Interested in attending weather permitting

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could be there to see but I am driving in and won't get there until Sunday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Flying in - would it be required or recommended to buy tickets beforehand ? tia...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue44 View Post
    Flying in - would it be required or recommended to buy tickets beforehand ? tia...
    They were offering a small discount to pre-purchase and ship tickets, but that has expired. I’d just get them when you arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

Did someone in our group let the parking boss know to expect a bunch of SWP's arriving around a certain time on Sat?

Also, will we get the "credential that shows we go to special parking" at the Friday briefing or do we print it at home before we head to DLL?

Paul Martin
    Ashland, OR

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay in updating everyone. Okay I think I have finally gotten a handle on everything with the you have to get approval from everyone in the world before you can do this. I have finally received the last approval and everything is set!

Baraboo airport KDLL is ready to start receiving airplanes and pilots on Wednesday July 21
    On Friday July 25 we will have a cookout around 6pm with a briefing to follow. With food in their mouth we can talk about what comes next. I will also pass out parking placards
    Saturday morning around 8am we will start our nose to tail trip into Oshkosh. Everyone must have a copy of the NOTAM!!
    Once on the ground at Oshkosh display your Vintage parking placard then when you get to Vintage display your Short Wing Piper placard parking us in Rows 81W & 84W

On Sunday July 25 at 6 pm we will have a catered dinner at the Tall Pines! We are limited to not more than 70 people, so please make sure I have your name to avoid having too many people.
    It will be by donation and the menu is:
    Chicken Marsala and Bacon wrapped Pork Fillet
    Green Beans Amandine
    Baby Red Potatoes
    Fresh Tossed Salad
    Bars and Brownies for dessert
    with canned soda (Pepsi products) and bottled water to drink

If you are not on the list and want to be, let me know! If you want to park with us and cannot make Baraboo I need your email address so I can send you the parking placard! We only have 50 parking spots, so make sure we have your information please.

Have a safe flight and hope to see everyone there

Steve
    sc94cat@aol.com
    (301) 221-6315