Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: AirVenture NOTAM Route addition

Post Thanks / Like

Default AirVenture NOTAM Route addition

Please watch this video before AirVenture. I’m not sure what this change will gain other than lots of confusion at the last minute around these transition points, but I hope word gets out and people can identify these landmarks without confusion or being too far off-course. A railroad is much easier to track single file than over a swamp in my opinion. If the video doesn’t work for you, it’s on EAA.ORG and in the 2021 NOTAM.

<iframe src='https://players.brightcove.net/627008079/7MKHE9SrL_default/index.html?videoId=6259304173001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AirVenture NOTAM Route addition

It lengthens the conga line giving the RV’s more time to passes us overhead and drop down in front of us.
    Coming up on Fisk in 2018 an RV did exactly that to me, not once-five different times. The controller at Fisk saw it happen finally.

“RV APPROACHING FISK RETURN TO RIPON. RED HIGH WING TAIL DRAGGER CLEARED TO RUNWAY 36 MONITOR TOWER 126.6”
    . Woohoo finally.

That was my 5th trip from Ripon to Fisk only to be cutoff be an RV and sent back to Ripon. They wanted 1 mile separation but with the RV’s coming over the top and crowding in that was not possible so they sent all of us back to Ripon with the admonition to maintain 1 mile in trail. The issue is the limited number of RV parking spaces in their reserved field and they all want to get there at every one else’s expense. The NOTAM this year calls for 1/2 mile in trail.
    Be careful out there and be sure you understand the NOTAM.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 07-11-2021 at 06:05 PM.