Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black hills flyin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Black hills flyin

If you are coming to the fly in bring your claw type tie downs we are very dry and the ground is very hard. I don’t think the screw in type downs will work.

Post Thanks / Like

I had such a hoot last year, I'll definitely be there this year. I think MrBill will be tag teaming with me from Denver. There is something for everyone. Flying by Mt Rushmore, Crazy horse, Devils Tower. Custer State Park has a runway "right in the middle" of this thousand acre park! The park came by with Jeeps to take us to the lodge. We ate lunch at the restaurant, then they drove us back to our planes (how cool is that?) Some of the more experienced went on private Ranch strips. I heard stories of some cliff diving (flying off a Butte and gaining airspeed in a decent). Couple guys showed up with their Van's aircraft and did a little aerobatic show. You guys and gals really should consider it.
    Doug, is Clint making some cool t-shirts again this year?

Jan
    Last edited by J Ryd; 08-25-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You just have to visit Wall Drug and watch all the tourists that just drove hundreds of miles of nothing across I90.
    They are wide eyed at that tourist trap. I landed at Wall a number of years ago. The wall mayor met us and welcomed us to Wall. Wall drug is a short walk from the airport, 6V4. The Bad Lands is a 5 minute flight from there.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wall...0drug%20photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 08-25-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jan I talked to Clint and they are getting t shirts built.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wish I could go but got several other trips planned this fall and lots to do. Especially want to see Clint's new Bad Lands Traveler with the wing he designed and built.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Wish I could go but got several other trips planned this fall and lots to do. Especially want to see Clint's new Bad Lands Traveler with the wing he designed and built.
    talk to him yesterday he said it’s almost done. I’m going to fly up and check it out