Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2022 SWP gathering ???

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Oshkosh 2022 SWP gathering ???

I missed the Air Venture 2021 and Tri-Pacer 70th anniversary last year (No Plane). Just wondering if there will be a gathering of short wings this year 2022.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oshkosh 2022 SWP gathering ???

The Short Wing Piper Convention is June 22-25 at K15. Unfortunately, I've got something happening then

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting! I will have to see what the weather is like next weekend. Maybe I can fly down for that. I bought a Colt with tailwheel conversion in December and trying to learn from the group. I'd also love to find a meet-up at OSH.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet they have lower attendance this year simply because of fuel costs. Avg. blue gas cost $7.50, or so? That works out to about 60 bucks every hour (110 miles) or so for my PA22-150.
    Last edited by Subsonic; 07-18-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We are not having a gathering at Oshkosh this year. I will be at the type club table in the red hangar in Vintage every afternoon, stop by and say hi. Last year was great with everyone attending, but it was a lot of work to coordinate and takes about two years, so maybe for the 75th we will do it all again.

Hope to see everyone there,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Dad and I will be in the Red Clipper behind the Hangar Cafe with several other Short and not so Short Wingers.
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna be different this year for sure. Not much has been said but Ford pulled it's sponsorship last spring. No Ford pavilion. No opening concert. No chapter presidents reception, not to many knew about that but it was nice recognition for us chapter presidents. Fly market is now $4K per space, so lots of pots and pans, sharp knives, and not much AC stuff. Remember when it used to be a AC parts flee market? Wonder if Lincoln and Miller will be back. Missed playing with their new stuff last year. Me, if I make it will be in the back of homebuilt camping by the nature center. Back seat in a RV8 is a quick way to get to OSH. Great group, out of the way, quiet except for the bands at the beer garden.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I won't miss Ford myself. My favorite part of Oshkosh is sitting under the wing and meeting people and catching up with others. We met a guy last year who escaped to the dorms during the big storm. He had a Stinson parked behind us and stopped by to ask how bad the storm was. An hour later my Dad and I were way more educated on Franklin engines and had made a new friend. Yes, Oshkosh has changed over the years but the people haven't for the most part and that is what I enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

"...not so shortwinger"? Oh, you must be referring to Bob C. Bob, remember it 90 knots on the OSH approach.

I'll have to clean up my plane, before I'll be allowed to park near Gilbert. Damn.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I won't miss Ford myself. My favorite part of Oshkosh is sitting under the wing and meeting people and catching up with others. We met a guy last year who escaped to the dorms during the big storm. He had a Stinson parked behind us and stopped by to ask how bad the storm was. An hour later my Dad and I were way more educated on Franklin engines and had made a new friend. Yes, Oshkosh has changed over the years but the people haven't for the most part and that is what I enjoy.
    Yea couldn't understand why Ford got so big other than the drive in folks exposure. Maybe OSH will get the message and get a little more back to it's roots the way Paul would have it. Has gotten way to commercial. I do my best to avoid certain areas, like the flight line in the afternoon.
    -Super Stub-