Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rudder and toe brake pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rudder and toe brake pedals

I have the Williams toe brake set up and at 5‘9“ have no problem with them. My seat is set back about one and a half inches from full back when I fly. I would love to be able to move my seat further forward. Because of the ramp/slope of the seat slide rails, it raises the bottom of the seat when you move it forward another inch which gives better visibility over the glareshield. Is there any way to change the aluminum cessna pedal design to get more legroom? Also: does Univair still sell the tubular toe brake design? I searched and did not find it on their website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    does Univair still sell the tubular toe brake design? I searched and did not find it on their website.
    I have not seen them listed.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever looked at using the cast Aeronca toe brake pedals from Wag Aero vs the Cessna and original Pacer type? They look much like the Pacer style but I'm not sure the geometry matches well enough. Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Has anyone ever looked at using the cast Aeronca toe brake pedals from Wag Aero vs the Cessna and original Pacer type? They look much like the Pacer style but I'm not sure the geometry matches well enough. Anyone?
    Toby,

I purchased a set to do a side by side match. They are close but no cigar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Vagabond. They do look pretty close. I wonder if they were available undrilled if you could drill the two pivot holes close enough to the backside of the bar to make them work? The originals look pretty nice though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Thanks, Vagabond. They do look pretty close. I wonder if they were available undrilled if you could drill the two pivot holes close enough to the backside of the bar to make them work? The originals look pretty nice though.
    I was thinking of cutting the tops of the rudder bar and fabricating a "T" that would slide into the rudder bar tubes. If you put a setback or curve into the "T" that may solve the limited leg room and geometry by moving the pedals forward. In the end I chose to make DXF files of all the parts needed to make the original pedals. I can make them in mass and kit it out under owner produced parts, you have someone weld it up.

Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

I don't quite follow all of this, but I have a Williams Toe Brake STC installed in my '56 PA22 TriPacer. They fit me fine. I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam. EXCEPT, I would really like to move my seat forward. Forward is higher, giving a better view over the panel, and closer to the yoke, which would also be appreciated. I'm considering padding the seat back and bottom, but IF I COULD JUST CHASE THE PEDALS by moving the seat FORWARD it would solve everything. If you are looking for people to sign up to a retrofit/replacement of the Cessna or Williams toe brake pedals that would move your feet forward an inch or so, I'd pay up for that. I don't know about all of these other geometries, but if it fits my set up, I'd like to buy them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    I don't quite follow all of this, but I have a Williams Toe Brake STC installed in my '56 PA22 TriPacer. They fit me fine. I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam. EXCEPT, I would really like to move my seat forward. Forward is higher, giving a better view over the panel, and closer to the yoke, which would also be appreciated. I'm considering padding the seat back and bottom, but IF I COULD JUST CHASE THE PEDALS by moving the seat FORWARD it would solve everything. If you are looking for people to sign up to a retrofit/replacement of the Cessna or Williams toe brake pedals that would move your feet forward an inch or so, I'd pay up for that. I don't know about all of these other geometries, but if it fits my set up, I'd like to buy them.
    Sorry for the confusion, I guess I should have read up before your post. I thought you wanted to know if the Aeronca pedals would fit the piper rudder bars.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Are these still for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

are these still available?
    thanks,