Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Seat Install

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Rear Seat Install

Hi All,

I'm getting really close in finishing my 1960 Tri-Pacer. The only thing I'm struggling with is the rear seat cushion.

Can someone please tell me how the rear lower seat cushion fastens to the back seat. Surely it just doesn't sit on the canvas that comes from the back cushion to the frame in front.

Photos would be great.

Thanks,
    Mark
    N3320Z

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rear Seat Install

There are two metal tabs or tongues attached to the bottom of the seat that point forward and hold the front of the seat down against the support tubing. You put those in place and then push down on the back of the seat to drop it into position. It will stretch the canvas bottom tight when you do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Short Wing Piper Drawing CD Drawing # 13038
    Unable to post the drawing. It's too big.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Two C shape clips that fasten to the bottom seat cushion that clips into the seat frame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    There are two metal tabs or tongues attached to the bottom of the seat that point forward and hold the front of the seat down against the support tubing. You put those in place and then push down on the back of the seat to drop it into position. It will stretch the canvas bottom tight when you do this.
    Thanks for the information

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Two C shape clips that fasten to the bottom seat cushion that clips into the seat frame.
    After investigating these clips/brackets, I've found that mine are no longer there. Here is my dilemma, I had these recovered a year ago, so I'm wondering if these were left off. Also after looking to see how these would mount, there is nothing there to mount the brackets to. All there is, is fabric and foam. Is there supposed to be a piece of sheet aluminum or plywood located on the bottom of the seat cushion?

Post Thanks / Like

My rear seat bottom is thin plywood with two C clamps. It rests in the sling with the separate cushion on top. The cushion has two Velcro straps on the front that wrap around front tube next to the C clamps and stick to pieces of Velcro on the plywood bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mholton63;143203]After investigating these clips/brackets, I've found that mine are no longer there. Here is my dilemma, I had these recovered a year ago, so I'm wondering if these were left off. Also after looking to see how these would mount, there is nothing there to mount the brackets to. All there is, is fabric and foam. Is there supposed to be a piece of sheet aluminum or plywood located on the bottom of the seat cushion?[/QUOTE

The clips are welded to the frame. If you don’t have them, then someone cut them off.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    My rear seat bottom is thin plywood with two C clamps. It rests in the sling with the separate cushion on top. The cushion has two Velcro straps on the front that wrap around front tube next to the C clamps and stick to pieces of Velcro on the plywood bottom.
    I was thinking about pulling my seat apart a inserting a piece of plywood, but I really like this idea much better.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Pacer42Z;143218]
    Quote Originally Posted by mholton63 View Post
    After investigating these clips/brackets, I've found that mine are no longer there. Here is my dilemma, I had these recovered a year ago, so I'm wondering if these were left off. Also after looking to see how these would mount, there is nothing there to mount the brackets to. All there is, is fabric and foam. Is there supposed to be a piece of sheet aluminum or plywood located on the bottom of the seat cushion?[/QUOTE

The clips are welded to the frame. If you don’t have them, then someone cut them off.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z
    Does this mean that you have a metal bottom inside the rear set cushion that your clips are fastened/welded to?