Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts about buying a Stretched Pacer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thoughts about buying a Stretched Pacer

Right, James said he doesn't plan to sell plans for the EXP market. I make the spar reinforcing and splice kits for the STC'd Super Pacer but I only sell them thru James. I can't/won't sell to anyone without the STC. I DO have an experimental version available like is on my wing that is similar to but NOT a copy of the Super Pacer. I actually made them about 6-7 years ago when building up my spars. They are for an extended short wing with ailerons moved out to tip but not spliced, new spars. You can see a short wing version I made for an aerobatic clip wing Cub on my web site.

I think the Stretched Pacer is the best bang for the buck and the best airplane Piper never produced

Post Thanks / Like

Well... it's a bucket list aircraft for me, although the jury isn't back until I actually fly a properly built and rigged bird. I wasn't impressed with the pa12 I flew when compared to the -18 or even the -22. The 18 was very nimble and a delight, my -22 was I little better than the 18 but not a lot. One of these days I'll get into a super and see for myself.

Does the stc require the higher count rib wing or can a rib be added?

Post Thanks / Like

The stretched Pacer is not going to be as "nimble" as a light 18 or a short wing 22. ................ different missions. An 18 is gonna be hard to beat for all around back country flying. But if you want or need to carry "stuff" and have ease of loading larger cargo, it will be hard to beat the stretched or Super Pacer.

Super Pacer has 18 ribs

Post Thanks / Like

Please just tell me it flys nicer than a -12 or a 182. Lie if you have to.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
    Please just tell me it flys nicer than a -12 or a 182. Lie if you have to.....
    It is more stable than a short wing and more nimble than a 172. Stretch wings and tails vary. Mine had, pa 18 tail and ailerons (moved out to the wing tips). It should have a better roll rate than a stock Cub.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Built experimental Bushmaster years ago. Very capable plane. Handled very nice alot like Pacer but landed and took off 10 mph slower. Have a 182 A straight tail I love. Handles better than any Piper.