Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skagit crash 7-11-2023

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skagit crash 7-11-2023

What a terrible thing to happen while parked on the ramp. Fortunately only minor injury to the pilot, and the Pacer was parked and unoccupied. Wasn’t sure if I should post until the owner did, sorry if that was inappropriate.

https://www.goskagit.com/news/local_...3ac314ec6.html2FED444E-F496-4A2F-994C-665859865268.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Skagit crash 7-11-2023

Crap.. I know that Bushmaster.

—Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevesaircraft(Bri) View Post
    Crap.. I know that Bushmaster.

—Brian
    Wow that's horrible. Difficult to look at. Looks like a Stinson somehow lost control and rammed into Stephens plane.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talked to Stephen on Tuesday. He is out of the country and sick about this.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel really bad for Stephen. So much hard work to build the most perfect Pacer I ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel bad for him as well. Stephen has put a lot of time into building the perfect airplane he wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my way home now. Currently in Montreal, waiting for transfer to Vancouver. I'll see the wreck myself tomorrow. I'm exploring options. It looks like the wings, tail and fuselage are destroyed. If he had just hit my engine, that would have been fine with, getting a new engine. I have so many FAA approvals and STC's that starting over with a different plane would be very disappointing. There are experimental stretched Pacer fuselages for sale but, that might be tricky to make legal. The direction I go also depends on his insurance (Avemco). They should pay for repairs, which would quickly exceed the value of the plane. Also, I don't want to give up too much time flying at 74. I think I might need look for an aviation lawyer to deal with the insurance company.

The poor guy in the Stenson was attempting a go around on landing and some how lost control. I was 500 feet away from the runway.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I hate this for you Stephen! .................. As far as the fuselage goes, cannibalize another fuselage to "repair or replace" that one. Put all the mods back in it. A lot of work still but easier than going for a totally new airplane build and trying to duplicate all the mods. I'm sure you wont let the insurance company low ball you, it's not like you can go out and just buy another one to replace it like it was a stock Pacer........................ and even then.............. At least with $$ you can job some of it out to expedite things.

I have a couple of doners ready to go on the fixture to stretch but I'm on the wrong end of the country. ...................... James maybe?

Sorry brother, just glad you weren't in it!

Post Thanks / Like

Stephen, I feel so sorry for you. What a terrible experience. Good luck dealing with the insurance. I’m not sure how they even value an airplane like yours.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Friends from the aviation community came out when I returned from France to help. One brought a large trailer, so I was able to get everything home to Lopez Island. I'm working on a insurance claim. To rebuild my plane is not cheap. It looks like I've got someone who has PA22 frames will build out my stretch, including all my mods. I may have also found someone who has a set of Super Pacer wings already to go. I'll be checking out their work this week. Thanks for all the kind words.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."