Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wagabond with Bearhawk Upgrades

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wagabond with Bearhawk Upgrades

I'm one who appreciates your posting of this information. Even though I'm not building/modifying an airplane, it is nice to see people trying to build a better Pacer. Not an easy task, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wagabond with Bearhawk Upgrades

Thank you. I believe what he contemplating is doable. Even to the point of adding sticks and dumping the yoke system. When I was rebuilding my Pacer and digging into the engineering behind Timmer’s narrowing of the seaplane door opening by about six inches. I would rather have converted the structure ahead of the wing strut rear landing gear fitting to something very similar to the Bearhawk. That would eliminate that diagonal tube that narrows the door. Unfortunately that change would interfere with the aileron cable from the floor up to the bottom of the instrument panel. I never thought of using my Bearhawk wings on the Pacer…maybe it’s because I couldn’t use the IO520 and Mooney Acclaim cowl on the Pacer.