Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFW Vicinity A&P/AI

Post Thanks / Like

Default DFW Vicinity A&P/AI

Does anyone know of a SW knowledgeable A&P or AI located in the vicinity of Dallas/Ft. Worth/ N. TX. area?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DFW Vicinity A&P/AI

How about our very own Steve Pierce? (Pierce Aero, Graham, TX)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Walt! I'm a new Colt owner and new to this website, so this is helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he's a straight shot out 380 from Denton. Doubt if they are many more knowledgable SW folks out there than Steve.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping he's still in business. I checked out his website, but it hasn't been updated since 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

He is still in business. PM him from here.

Post Thanks / Like

I know he is being sincere.. but this thread is funny. ..

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Coltasaurus (I like that!) is new here; let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Coltasaurus, AFAIK, Steve founded this forum; yes, he's still very much in business, and is very knowledgeable about ALL things "vintage" Piper, as far as I can tell. I was also once new here, when I scored a bucket list item, that is, to own my own plane. I've been fixing it now for 11 years.... it's been a real saga.

Throughout it all, I've received numerous tips & "how-to's" concerning these planes, courtesy of this forum and Steve (and his dad, Gilbert) in particular -- but many others as well. Welcome, there's no better SW Piper forum, IMO. PM Steve.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...I sure don't get what's funny about my question. The title of this part of the Forum is "Where Can I Find It?" Maybe you live in an area that these services are easily found, however, I live in rapidly expanding suburbia where the first two shops I talked to won't have anything to do with a fabric aircraft, another told me they would only do engine work on my plane, and a third said they were not taking any new customers period. My brother also lives in DFW area and owns a 52 Bonanza. His plane spent 2 months last year disassembled at a shop trying to get an annual done. The year before that the guy closed his shop. The year before that another guy told him he just didn't feel like doing annuals anymore. He's having heck finding a shop too.

Glad to entertain you all I guess. I appreciate someone answering my question with information I didn't know before I asked.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

.....Hmmm...I sure don't get what's funny about my question.......

No one is making fun of you. Steve spends hours here damn near daily, supports the folks at the SuperCub site, as well as the Face Book pages too. Between building and just now finishing up a new hangar at his shop he's just real busy and the thought of him not being so is kind of funny.

Please, just be patient, you'll get some worthwhile attention soon.